Elk Grove, CA
Students enrolled: 1,025

Posted January 20, 2015
I love this school. Mr. Sompayrac- principal, Mrs. Chin-vice principal and all the teachers are wonderfully friendly Azande open. They all tend to the students and help them achieve beyond their abilities. At Edna Batey, they put their students first as their priority to guide them and to successfully reach their potentials/goals.

Posted October 25, 2013
Absolutely love this school! The teacher's go above and beyond the public school standards. They are devoted to the children and their learning. We are extremely happy to call ourselves, Bobcats!

Posted October 21, 2013
I moved my kids from the private school to Batey . I am so impressed the teachers are great. AR reading is awsome my daughter loves to read and she is very competitive . This gives her an opportunity to want to read more so she can earn more points.

Edna Batey Elementary School 1

Posted May 04, 2013
I'm so sorry we moved here my kids are miserable here. The teachers are horrible and some of the kids no better. I can not stress enough the neighborhood seems nice but that's where it ends.

Edna Batey Elementary School 1

Posted June 21, 2012
Teachers are alright and met the district's easy standard but have room for improvement. I wish more classroom time are spent in academics instead of field trip and parties. I have debate about grades given to my child but has difficulty just try to set appt meet with teacher. I've told to email with my concern but never got replied. After multiple efforts made, it was late to catch up. Wish more respect from teacher and front office. It seems preferences are taken who and what the staff wish to help you. I am looking into transfer out to other school after over 4yrs of attendence.

Edna Batey Elementary School 2

Posted September 20, 2011
The teaching staff is GREAT! The ladies in the front office on the other hand are incredibly rude! I try my hardest to stay away from the office because every time I'm in there I feel like I'm putting them out. This school should get all 5 stars, but because of the office staff I give them a much lower score. They really should teach these ladies some manners.

Edna Batey Elementary School 4

Posted August 23, 2011
I have two sons at this school and my sons' teachers seem to really care about the kids. I would say the curriculum overall is not that challenging, state standards are too low. The biggest NEGATIVE about this school is the front office. The secretaries are rude, slow and not very helpful (aka lazy). They are very technologically challenged and still do numerous tasks by hand! Why not take advantage of all the technologies available and do things more efficiently? When I called the school to ask which track my child was placed in, they could not look up his name on the computer to tell me. Instead they told me the lists were posted and I had to stop by the school. Since the front office is the first impression most parents get of the school, I'd have to say it is beyond disappointing, especially for such a highly rated school. Some customer service and computer skills training are in order!

Edna Batey Elementary School 4

Posted February 11, 2010
Edna Batey is a wonderful school. The teachers work hard to make sure the students succeed. The PTA provides all of the 'extra' activities at the school and are also filling in a lot of the funding gaps this year. A couple of drawbacks to the school are the secretaries, who are not friendly, and a lack of communication between the administration and the parents.

Posted October 02, 2009
Edna Batey is a top notch school with great teachers and supportive parents.

Posted September 25, 2009
The teachers and staff at Batey are so very kind and devoted to our children!!

9421 Stonebrook Drive, Elk Grove, CA  95624
Last modified Edna Batey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edna Batey Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top