Elk Grove, CA
Students enrolled: 2,183

Posted May 17, 2014
Awesome school, great diversity, lots of extra curricular activities. Sports programs are coming up and academics are great

Posted January 19, 2014
The teachers are awesome and the techniques of teaching are suitable to every person. Thank you

Monterey Trail High School 3

Posted August 29, 2013
I'm quite disappointed this year. Kids had their schedules but the classes are not equally split during the term. Sfaff were off this whole summer so there was no way to change their schedules. They somehow blamed it on their computers and the counselor said she will try. I have not heard anything back so that means, no. Yes they do give seniors first pick, then the rest of the kids in that school will get filtered into the classes that are available. My guess is, its not much of a concern if students passes or fails because if they were more concerned, their master schedule wouldn't filter these kids like they did this year. Someone has to take blame so blame the student and blame the school computer. I'm quite disappointed. Also, its hard to get a hold of the principal to voice my concern. His staff will always be right I guess.

Monterey Trail High School 4

Posted July 22, 2013
I am about to be a sophomore at this school and i little complaints. The campus is clean, there are few fights between students, and the teachers and staff are totally cool. There are some teachers that i don't really like but i have met many that i can really connect to. The highlight of the school for me is he Physical Education department. From what i've been told, MTHS is #1 when is comes to EGUSD's fitness level. PE is my least favorite subject, but i have to say that i appreciate the PE system. It's intense and hard at first and has left me terribly sore for about a week, but it has increased my stamina &level of fitness. There are opportunities to take a variety of different classes too. My freshman year alone, i was able to take 8 different classes. You can take 3-4 electives, depending on credits, in one school year or take more AP/HONORS classes. The down side is that you get less time to learn all of the material for the CST's. Instead of having the same classes 1 school year and having a year to absorb the information, your time is cut in half. Other than that, this school is really cool. This school is a better alternative to the other schools in the area.

Posted October 05, 2012
Personally i think Monterey trail high school is looked down upon. Its a great high school but not as wealthy as other high school because our population in the school are mostly students who live under poverty we don't have some of the benefits other schools have. Athletically i think our school only cares about 5 sports which are football basketball baseball volleyball and track and field, Our water polo team doesn't even have a goal net to practice with our swimming is looked down upon our wrestling is extremely looked down upon and so is our tennis i purely blame the athletic director. But over all i think its a average school athletically and education wise.

Posted January 07, 2010
Both of my daughters attend MTHS and I just love it!! The diversity, the staff, the teachers and the administration are all superb. The school has so much to offer your student: sports, AP classes with wonderfully gifted teachers, visual and performing arts clubs, other organizations and affiliations. The is such a sense of oneness and commitment to higher education. Everyone has the opportunity to shine at MTHS in one form or another. The students support and encourage one another and the teachers really get to know their students and the parents and are willing to work on any issues or struggles at they arise. Very secure campus and well staff. I just love this school and cannot be more proud that my daughters are a part of this little community.

Monterey Trail High School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
Each student is unique and different and those differences make up the rich tapestry that is Monterey Trail. Our students are the most diverse and speak more different languages than any other high school campus in our area. Our football team is having an amazing starting season and our school spirit is at it's highest point in the 6 years that we've been open.

Monterey Trail High School 0

Posted August 13, 2009
This school is a great school.

Posted June 05, 2009
I am a student at Monterey Trail High School and I am sad to see that our school keeps being overlooked as a quality school. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have grown into a better teaching facility. We have one of the most diverse campuses, great teachers, and there is a great atmosphere here at school. There are a large number of classes and extracurricular activities offered. I look forward to another year as a mustang.

Posted April 18, 2009

Monterey Trail High School
8661 Power Inn Road, Elk Grove, CA  95624
Last modified Monterey Trail High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monterey Trail High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top