Elk Grove, CA
Students enrolled: 1,695

Posted July 10, 2014
Cosumnes Oaks High School is an amazing school. The teachers are great, they really show that they care for you and want the best out of you. If you are struggling they most likely will help guide you in the right direction. The campus is very nice and for the most part very well maintained. They have great programs such as AVID, Colonary Arts, Architectural Academy, and Broadcast Journalism. And not to forget, the students are really like a family.

Posted June 01, 2012
I graduated at class of 2012, so as the first class of all four years I found that choosing this school is one of the best decisions I've made. The teachers really do care about you excelling and learning all you can. I recommend other students to take the AP courses because while challenging, the teachers prepare you quite well and create an atmosphere excellent for learning. The facilities are clean and organized. The staff members are friendly and helpful. An honorable mention must go to the Visual and Performing Arts department, for they teach their students to behave professionally and do their best not just in their specialties but in the other aspects of their life as well. All in all, I had a wonderful experience at COHS and I believe their programs, performances, academics, sports, etc can only get better and better.

Posted May 10, 2011
This is an incredible school! The teachers are great and really care about their students. The atmosphere is not intimidating and has an overall pleasant feel whenever I come visit. So much resource is available to the students so there is no excuse for mediocre performance. Sports teams are open to all perhaps because of the small population but it affords the students to find at least one sport they enjoy. Being a fairly new school, stats and scores are not exactly exemplary as of now but I have every confidence that as the school gets a foothold on these, it's rating will be even more impressive. Even thought my family doesn't live in the area I am happy to drive the 8 miles to get my kids to this school and back. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make because I believe in the potential of this school.

Posted January 30, 2011
I love this school a lot because the teachers are great, and the school has promoted a healthy environment where the students don't feel down and there are not many bullies or gangs or drugs or smoking. Sports and extra curricular activities are promoted. I am happy to say this is a great school, and it is a lot of fun.

Posted April 17, 2010
I love Cosumnes Oaks High School because of their philosophy about students. They are happy to take students who have 'other intelligences.' They are not simply interested in those who are great at say, math and Science - but understand that all students have gifts. Art, music, acting, sports, all count, and doing what you are good at in school, will give you confidence to work harder on subjects that challenge you. I like the idea that all 'intelligences' are valued at our school, and as I believe, should be in our world. Para-Educator (pink-slipped 3/10)

Posted November 03, 2009
My son goes there, he is on the JV footbll team and he is doing very well, with sports and academics... i am proud to be a Wolfpack parent.

Posted September 18, 2009
It is a progressive school that encourages and respects the uniqueness of each individual student.

Posted September 16, 2009
this school is very well educated and has plans for students. I am a sophmore serving at cosumnes oaks high school, and my grades and motivation to go to college has dramatically increased since my previous history of different schools. this one is like no other and is very diverse with different people. A lot of my piers seem to be very friendly and caring.

Posted September 16, 2009
My twin granddaughters go there and they have a GREAT soccer team and drama program

Posted May 21, 2009
Having just moved to the area, I feel that this school excels in all areas. We are especially pleased with their sports program, footlball to be more specific. My child has been made to feel welcome and has not regrets moving to this new school.

Cosumnes Oaks High School
8350 Lotz Parkway, Elk Grove, CA  95757
Last modified Cosumnes Oaks High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cosumnes Oaks High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top