Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)

From the start of the enrollment process to the end of our first year with EGVA, the teachers were phenomenal! As the parent of a Kindergarten and a 2nd grade student, I was a little afraid of taking on the task of helping my kids learn to read, but Mrs. Lyons was there to give support, instructional ideas, and even games to help the learning go smoothly. In addition to the daily lessons, she would have the kids come in periodically and assess their progress, as well. The kids loved it. I loved it!

The teachers was always available for support, and the new software was very good easy to learn.

Amount of homework: Agree

There was enough work to keep my child busy everyday. I would prefer a bit more of explanation with some of the work especially the math because the text books didn't go into great detail but the teacher (Mrs. Jenny Williams) was able to fill in some gaps with the live lessons every week.

The involvement of the teacher was not what i initially expected. I thought it was more of a robotic type of learning situation but mrs. Williams was there 100% percent of the way with us. She guided us, kept us up to date and made my daughter feel almost like she was in regular school.

EGVA has provided us with the ability to get my daughter out of a situation where she was being bullied. This experience has been great, and she has thrived in the program.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Cenonita has always made herself available via phone, or internet to answer questions. If my daughter had a problem with anything she would do a live lesson recording and work it out.

Amount of homework: Agree

My daughter would put in between 4-6 hrs a day, One of the things we like the most about the virtual academy is that once the work is done, there is no homework. We finally have peaceful evenings at home as a family again.

Develops character: Agree

My daughter is responsible for her work. I like that she can take her time and look back in the text for answers, but she takes it upon herself to be honest about her work.

It was so nice to have my daughter be able to take her time and finish things at her own pace. The pressure of public school was causing a lot of anxiety for her, and the homework was way too much.

I feel this way because, for a home school, this is amazing. You have live lessons, you can email your teachers, you can even communicate with your other classmates as well. This is really different than regular school.

Last modified Elk Grove Virtual Academy (EGVA) is a Charter school that serves grades K-8