Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This school is life changing for kids. It gives them Freedom, teach responsibility, make them self learner, and learning new resources than any other brink/mortar public schools. All teachers are cooperative, good in communicating with students and parents, current with all details about schedule/events. I will definitely recommend this school to all. Sukhi (Neil)

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

This school allows me to work at my own pace and get extra help when I don't understand something. I can also move around as I need to and don't have to sit quietly in a chair or get put in the corner if I wiggle.

I love my school because I get more attention, I spend more time with my family, and there are no bullies. Lexi Hill

My daughter and I really love this program! It is great to be able to do the assignments on our time. Our teacher, Ms. Dockery, is awesome. She is so helpful and my daughter really likes her! Highly recommend this program! ~ Stephanee H.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

N/A No bullying issues to worry about.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

ABSOLUTELY! While there are no IEPs, there are really none needed. Mrs. Lyon's is very understanding of our need for accommodations, and it is up to us to provide them. I like that because I know better than anyone what my son needs. While we can't get OT and psychological help like a traditional school could do, we have all of that through our health insurance. And it's probably as good or better than the district could give us anyway.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I love that the program is very structured and that I have a teacher to bounce everything off of and to keep us on track.

My son was having a terrible time at traditional school. While my daughter does great in a fast paced, high energy environment, my son was just so stressed out. The district wanted to move him to a remedial program. Instead I stood my ground and insisted that I wanted Virtual Academy. When we transferred over, my son went from being a first grader on the verge of being transferred to a special education class to doing 3rd grade work. The environment and the ability to work at his own pace has been a godsend for him and for our whole family. I highly recommend this program for anyone who is considering an alternative to a traditional classroom.

From the start of the enrollment process to the end of our first year with EGVA, the teachers were phenomenal! As the parent of a Kindergarten and a 2nd grade student, I was a little afraid of taking on the task of helping my kids learn to read, but Mrs. Lyons was there to give support, instructional ideas, and even games to help the learning go smoothly. In addition to the daily lessons, she would have the kids come in periodically and assess their progress, as well. The kids loved it. I loved it!

The teachers was always available for support, and the new software was very good easy to learn.

Last modified Elk Grove Virtual Academy (EGVA) is a Charter school that serves grades K-8