Public charter
Elk Grove, CA
After care: No

Posted May 01, 2014
Coming to EGVA has helped my son be able to catch up in the subjects where he needed extra help and excel in the subjects that he has already mastered. All of the staff not just our homeroom teacher were extremely helpful and friendly at all times. This group of support is very approachable and will seek out the answers to all of your questions you may have. This is an excellent school and program with an excellent staff.

Posted April 30, 2014
I am an advenced learner in 5th Grade. I have attended Elk Grove Virtual Academy. I enjoy the homeschooling program through Elk Grove Virtual Academy because I am able to learn at my own pace, so I can go faster or slower as I learn the subject. K12's online math makes it easier to learn math because I can watch videos that explain how to solve different problems instead of only reading from a book. Every month, we have a social outing, so I can meet other homeschooled kids. I recommend Elk Grove Virtual Academy!

Posted April 30, 2014
This is a nice school because my son is improving a lot. And he feels relaxed.

Posted April 29, 2014
My son is a 1st grader at this school and let me tell you it is a wonderful school! The teachers are very caring and helpful. The best part of this school is the flexibility it allows you to have. You're not working your vacation or daily tasks around a set schedule. As long as you have an internet connection you can do school anytime, anywhere! My son was struggling with reading, but now that I am home schooling him (with the help and support of teachers) he has excelled tremendously. He can read! This school has a wonderful curriculum that not only meets California standards, but also helps your child become a well rounded individual with electives such as science and art. I know people sometimes think negatively about the title "home school", but this curriculum is the same as being in a traditional school if not harder. The things my son has learned in English and History are the same things my son and daughter are learning in 8th and 10th grade! I highly recommend this school for those parents who have the luxury of being able to give your child that little extra attention the help them reach their full potential.

Posted April 29, 2014
We started our son in the Elk Grove Virtual Academy in the middle of the school year. Since he started his grades have gone up. He is really enjoying learning now.

Posted April 29, 2014
EGVA is an excellent school that offers parents and students the flexibility to truly make the most of ones time. It's nice to have a program that will fit around the student's needs, not the needs of the majority, as in a normal classroom setting. Our teachers are wonderful! They genuinely care about all the students and want them to excel as much as the parents do. They are always available to us (parents or students) if we need their guidance or experience. There is a real sense of partnership as the teachers work with the parents to try to adapt the curriculum to the student's abilities. As a parent of two students, a sixth grader and a first grader, I can't say enough about the quality well-rounded education they are receiving!

Posted April 29, 2014
EGVA has made me very happy in school. It's courses are well made, and I enjoy the fact that they are interactive. One thing that I like is that if you excell in one subjuct you can be move ahead in that subject and not others. With me it was literature. I excelled in literature, but in my other subjects I was at grade level. In normal schools I could either stay where I was in literature, or move everything ahead to the next grade level. I was happy I could move just one. The only thing I could complain about is the occasional glitches with the school site. Other than that there is just the fact that the materials get mixed up at the begining of the year sometimes. However that is not enough to diminish my love for this school. It is definitely the right school for me.

Posted April 29, 2014
EGVA is a unique online school that is fully supported by three tremendous teachers. It fosters my children academic success, while meeting our families unique needs. My son is an advanced learner, but easily distracted. EGVA has allowed us to promote him to the next grade, a year early, while removing classroom distractions that used to hinder his learning experience. My daughter is also advanced, but rushed through her courses. EGVA has provided a format for me to work with her one on one, developing key skills and strategies that will serve her well in her higher education career. EGVA is centered around an online curriculum, but it offers real world educational and social opportunities. The teachers plan several outings per month for educational, physical fitness, and social needs. They are always available and keep in constant communication with you. They have an excellent understanding of the material and a dynamic relationship with their students. If your family travels, your child has health issues, is being bullied, is not thriving or having their needs met at their current school, or if you simply want a more active role in your child's education, EGVA is for you.

Posted April 29, 2014
The Elk Grove Virtual Academy (EGVA) is a challenging and rewarding program. It allows individual students to learn and grow at their own pace, which has proved faster than in the traditional classroom. We have seen firsthand how far ahead our son is of his peers. Our son has also developed more confidence in his abilities and his approach to school work. He enjoys the program so much that he asked to be re-enrolled! My husband and I have never questioned our decision in switching from a traditional school program, we have only questioned why we didn't do so earlier. EGVA provides a top quality education and is supported by a superb group of teachers. We love EGVA!!

Posted February 28, 2014
My son (3rd gr) has been in this school for four years and my daughter for two (1st gr). We are very pleased with all the support and the curriculum that is challenging, interesting, and interactive. What makes this place special is the dedication and passion of the teachers. If something is not working, they provide whatever support is needed. They will change lesson plans to meet my children's interests and needs, provide wonderful opportunities through fieldtrips, socials, and PE days, and engage with all of our family in a friendly and caring way. We live in Conta Costa county, but learn wherever we happen to be. They have made the world our school room and our family even closer.

Elk Grove Virtual Academy (EGVA)
9351 Feickert Drive, Elk Grove, CA  95624
Last modified Elk Grove Virtual Academy (EGVA) is a Charter school that serves grades K-8
Elk Grove Virtual Academy (EGVA) Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top