Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Elitha Donner Elementary School 4

Posted February 20, 2016
friendly staff and teachers are very helpful ..Lots of interesting learning activities for kids and parents to do.

Elitha Donner Elementary School 3

Posted December 18, 2014
I am less than impressed with this school. Compared to other schools previously attended my children in Elk Grove, Donner lacks in field trips and activities. For example, in the 4 years that my children have been at this school we just attended the first performance held by students at the school. And it was held outside in December rather than in the multi-purpose room. There was no order to the event and people in attendance acted like it was a Wal-Mart on black Friday with pushing and rude behavior. As far as the administration and staff, I have had issues there as well. The principal almost ran us over in the parking lot one morning. The yard duty personnel are gruff and unfriendly as well... definitely not suited to working with children.

Posted July 10, 2014
This school is amazing and has a lot of physical activities and has really great teachers.

Elitha Donner Elementary School 1

Posted March 20, 2014
Our child was enrolled in one of the special programs new to the campus (2013-2014 school year). There seems to be a disconnect between the general education classes and those designed for exceptional learners. The general education teacher seemed reluctant about mainstreaming opportunities and our family wasn't invited to attend school wide events. We did not receive news of campus activities like the Winter Sing A Long or Bring a Parent to Lunch Day through our child's classroom teacher. And, although I am a credentialed K12 teacher, I was unwelcome to volunteer in my child's classes. When I brought this to the attention of the administration, my calls were left unanswered and appointments with the Principal were first delayed, then cancelled. Our experience of the school was that it was neither family friendly nor inclusive and the time spent at this campus has been disillusioning and sad for our family and group of friends with whom we have shared our story. If you are a parent looking at this school as an option for your child with special needs, I recommend that you spend time observing in the classrooms into which your child will be enrolled and mainstreamed.

Posted February 25, 2012
This school is amazing!!!! They have great programs and after school programs. I love their teachers and staff.

Posted September 23, 2011
Greatest school on earth challenging academically and physically and teachers are great especially teacher Mr.Goldman!!!!!!!!!!! -Sajan

Posted July 29, 2009
Excellent first day experience for my son's new school. Reasonable price for school spirit shirt. Good facilities for playground. Safe and gates locked on bell. Very nice :)

Posted April 01, 2009
My daughter is in Kindergarten and I really love her teacher Mrs. Mattila. If I ever have a question or concern, Mrs. Mattila makes sure my questions are answered prompty either by email or a phone call. I have to agree with the other parents regarding the drop off/pick up. I voiced my concerns about parents double parking in the loading zone to Vice President Arvizu and that problem was resolved almost immediately. The quality of education this school offers is outstanding. My daughter has learned so much in such a short time and she is only in Kindergarten. Can't wait to see what 1st grade brings !!

Elitha Donner Elementary School

Posted March 06, 2009
My child has attended this school for 2 years now. The teachers are wonderful and if there is ever a problem between students it's handled very professionally and promptly. The dislikes I have for this school would have to be the Drop off Pickup rountine they have. Its horrible. They have long yellow chain like structures that block parents from getting thier children untill they reach the end of the yellow posts. This allows only 5 cars to pick up kids at a time, if that. (God forbid if there is a afterschool bus waiting) If one parent has a child who is running really late it clogs up the whole line and traffic backs up horribly in the residential areas... Who ever came up with this idea is absolutely insane!!

Posted July 18, 2008
Elitha Donner has outstanding teacher,The staff careing help the kids to focuse and learn better. As a child finds someone cares about them they learn more. My kids have been at Elitha Donner for five years. It has been agreat five years.

Elitha Donner Elementary School
9461 Soaring Oaks Drive, Elk Grove, CA  95758-1075
Last modified Elitha Donner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.