Posted November 19, 2014
Too many fights and too many teachers who don't care. Principal doesn't care about the students. My daughter did not like 7th grade there. We found a different school and she is much happier!

Posted June 01, 2014
As a graduating eight grade student of Harriet Eddy Middle School, I would not recommend this school to anyone. There is a HUGE fighting issue, for example this year there was a stabbing involving scissors. There are a few teachers who are genuinely concerned about kids and their grades. However, it is very hard to attempt to actually learn anything in this school, because their is at least one kid in each classroom that doesn't care, and interrupts the class for attention and the students around that student(s) give the student the attention which leads to the same thing happening over and over. Not to mention, I was robbed of my education. For my eight grade year elective, I chose Spanish, hoping I could take it this year and take Spanish 2 my freshman year. We had a great Spanish teacher but the students didn't treat her well because she didn't let them cheat or lie so she resigned. We then were provided a Substitute that didn't speak Spanish for the rest of the school year. The administration at Harriet Eddy try to cover up the multiple fights to keep the school's rating up. I would say there is at least one fight every two weeks. I would rate Harriet Eddy a 2 out of 5 stars.

Posted April 21, 2014
My child went to this school and had a really good experience. There is no other school where the students look out for each other. All students hang out together regardless of their ethnicity or religious affiliation. They are kind to the special ed students and they have awesome teachers that CARE. Eddy has a top notch community service program, math tutoring, and Band!!! Not to mention it is the feeder school into the ONLY IB High School In EGUSD (this means they can graduate with 1 full year of college). Eddy is looking into the PRE IB program and I can't wait. Eddy has notch education!!!!!!

Posted April 11, 2014
Im a student that goes to Harriet Eddy & I would like to say I really enjoyed being here. In the past this school wasnt really as good as it is now. Everyone tries to stand up for one an other , we help donate Jeans for teens. We fun raise for kids with cancer . we would like to do what ever we can to help on another. The main reason why I go to school everyday is because of band. We have a great band teacher . And a super good staff . Harriet eddy helps you get ready for High school & it also helps you start to think about college, in our keeping track classes. Overall I love this school . Im not ready to leave it just yet !

Posted March 02, 2014
I substitute teach at this school, the kids use foul language a lot, and the administration is vey unappreciative of any mentoring at the school, just fill the slots with people at very challenging school, so the principal can get promoted!

Posted January 21, 2014
love this school best school ever thought it was going to be scary in the beginning but everyone there is pretty helpful

Posted September 17, 2013
Harriet Eddy is a great school with a dedicated staff who is willing to do what it takes to help kids. The new peer tutoring is a great idea and works well.

Posted August 30, 2013
I would give this school a total of five stars for the superior leadership present alone. This school is lead by a principal dedicated to making the school great and he is well on his way. The goal orientated leadership present is trickling down to the teachers and the students. This school has made a complete turnaround and it just keeps getting better.

Posted August 13, 2013
The administrators are excellent, very supportive of the staff, concerned about the kids, and encourage parental involvement. The math team took first place in the district last year and the community service was impressive. This school is back to being the National Blue Ribbon it was when it first opened.

Harriet G. Eddy Middle School 1

Posted May 06, 2013
This is not a good school, because ~Teachers overburdened ~Students VERY rude ~School is in a bad location ~Doesn't handle problems with bullying really well ~There is waaaay too much bullying ~I can barely learn anything
2 people found this helpful

Harriet G. Eddy Middle School
9329 Soaring Oaks Drive, Elk Grove, CA  95758
Last modified Harriet G. Eddy Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harriet G. Eddy Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top