Elk Grove, CA

Posted October 28, 2014
I have had 3 children attend Elk Grove elementary. Two of my children have gone from K-6 and one is still there. This is an awesome environment! The staff is wonderful and I know that my kids have gotten the best education. My older two have gone on to be very successful in junior high and high school. You can be sure that the educators at this school have your child's best interest at heart. They work very hard to make sure all student's needs are met and they go above and beyond every day for their students. I feel like my children were treated like family and I look forward to a few more years at this school!!!

Elk Grove Elementary School 2

Posted June 21, 2014
My children have been going to this school for the last 5 years and they will not be returning next year. While there are some really good teachers, the leadership, or should I say lack there of, is the problem. Every single day I watch teachers show up right before the bell and leave with the students out the new back gate. Doesn't their contract require a 7:30 to 4 time limit? When a problem arises the principle tells you what he thinks you want to hear and then turns around and does the same thing with the other party. Nothing is resolved or handled, it is all lip service because the principle is too interested in being popular than doing his job. No control over the quality of teaching or inappropriate behavior from the people who spend the better part of the day educating our children.

Elk Grove Elementary School 1

Posted May 22, 2014
If you are thinking about enrolling your children in to this school, Run..Do not do it. This is the absolute worst school I have ever had to deal with, from the teachers to the Principle Mr. Neves, on to the office staff. Kids fall behind and get left there. The school has a huge bullying problem, while the Principle and teachers often look the other way. Kids are tormented on the playground on a daily basis, the principle is aware of this and does nothing. This school will scar your child for life. The Staff of Elk Grove Elementary all need to take cultural sensitivity classes, they have no sense of culture, and they have no problem solving skills. This is not the school for any kids to attend, this school should be shut down... Enroll your children here at your own risk.

Posted October 20, 2013
I have 2 kids going to this school, they learning and enjoying very much. Best teacher ever.....great school.

Posted October 20, 2013
This school is awesome My kids love being here They supported by teachers and there is not a hostile community. The teacher working very hard and do extra hours to help the student.

Posted October 20, 2013
My son gone through and promote to middle school and my daughter now in 5th grader, they both been here since kindergarten, wonderful teacher and principal, loves Elk Grove elementary.

Elk Grove Elementary School 2

Posted August 14, 2013
This school is okay, but if your child has any kind of learning disability/ADHD then it is very hard to get the extra help that you need. My daughter went to that school for 5 years and the teachers made me feel like my child was a bother to them. I received no help and felt like my child wasn't good enough. The discipline there is pretty much invisible because the rate of bullies are very high and continuous! I am so glad I moved and my daughter changed schools.

Elk Grove Elementary School 0

Posted November 19, 2009
We have had children in private and public schools for the past 13 years. Dave Neves is, by far, the best principal our family has experienced. He is committed to the children and to quality education, responsive to parents, and finds opportunities for teaching moments.

Posted November 06, 2009
Dave Neves is a fantastic principal who has a real heart for the kids.

Elk Grove Elementary School 3

Posted December 12, 2006
Teachers seem to think that their job by nature allows them to say and treat students however they please. My daughter has been on the honor roll since she has attended this school. This is with little repercussion from the principle, who professes how disclipline is important to the children. It would be nice if he would apply this concept to his staff.

Elk Grove Elementary School
9373 Crowell Drive, Elk Grove, CA  95624
Last modified Elk Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elk Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top