Elk Grove, CA

Posted July 26, 2014
My daughter flourished at this school, the teachers are constantly challenging her, she comes home with challenging homework even on weekends keeping her busy and met these challenges with glee. Teachers and staff are just SUPER GREAT.

Joseph Kerr Middle School 2

Posted October 23, 2013
Josheph Kerr is a great school. the only issue we have had is the lack of support for my son. The pricipal and Vice pricipal seemed to be more interested in what he was doing wrong than what he needs.I think they have forgotten why they do the job they do..I hope no one else has a child to be forgotten

Joseph Kerr Middle School 4

Posted October 10, 2013
I have 2 girls who attend Kerr. The counselors have been awesome when my daughter had problems with bullying. My 7th grader has some amazing honors teachers. They both have had some amazing teachers who really put learning first.

Posted September 03, 2013
My son just graduated and now attends Jesuit. He was in all honors track here at Kerr and had a wonderful experience. I find that the academics could have been more rigorous. He would have HW often done prior to getting home and never did a book report! He was not prepared for the sheer amount of work that HS places upon its students. Still he had amazing teachers that were clearly interested in their students and instilled a passion of learning. The most amazing teacher was Mrs. Kreis (Band). Even if you never picked up an instrument before, she will have you playing one and enjoying the experience ver quickly! She is a true asset to this school! Every teacher my son had was wonderful and our overall experience was very positive. We felt safe, listened to and a part of a great middle school. We had full intentions of going to Elk Grove HS but it has dropped significantly in its reputation and academics in just the last 10 years. Not to mention that the demographics have changed for the worse. This is why we chose a private HS.

Posted September 29, 2009
Have taught here since 1984 and know that it puts what is best for students first!

Posted May 08, 2009
kerr is a pretty good school strict but a good school

Posted June 05, 2008
This was the first year for us at Kerr Middle school. The transition from 6th to 7th is quite a difference. I see more parents involved in 6th, vs 7th grade middle school. One thing that I did notice, they do have something called 'school loop'-where parents and students can access thier grades online-which is a huge benefit. Majority of the kids walk to school--traffic is not that great for parents having to pick up thier kids. I have heard many stories reg. fights happened at school.

Posted April 28, 2008
Great School! The band program run by Nancy Kries is TOP notch! She is an incredible teacher that really motivates kids to learn music. The teachers there work hard to make sure that students really understand their learning!

Joseph Kerr Middle School 4

Posted May 26, 2005
Kerr is a pretty traditional school and is in the heart of the old town of Elk Grove with its many traditions. As there is a generational feeling to the school, some people coming to town might feel a little like a third wheel. They provide a basic program and firm discipline however. They do what they can with the enormous population fluctuation experienced in the area.

Posted April 29, 2005
this is a great school. the students really learn a lot and it has fantastic programs in all areas.

8865 Elk Grove Boulevard, Elk Grove, CA  95624
Last modified Joseph Kerr Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joseph Kerr Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top