Elk Grove, CA
Students enrolled: 1,641

Laguna Creek High School 3

Posted August 15, 2013
This review is based off my first impression, but I am the type of person who can grasp main ideas very quickly from small observations. I am also a new junior attending this school. Firstly, I was not expecting much out of public schools, but the staff surprised me in a pleasant way. They were all very helpful and solved issues quickly; usually in just a day. They were all also very willing to help and assist me in finding my way around the school and understanding my schedule and courses (since I'm from a neighboring state, I was very confused by the EGUSD block schedule and everything). Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the kids that go there. My expectations could be high because I come from a close-knit charter school with a very low population but very friendly students. However, no one bothered introducing themselves or striking up a conversation with me; nevermind offering help when I was lost and confused. Disruptions and disrespectfulness were present in every class, and this was something I wasn't used to either. It could be the fact that I was a newcomer and a junior (so everyone already had friends), but my first day was not a good social experience at all.

Posted September 01, 2012
Wow, what can I say. As a recent graduate of LC, I've enjoyed my time here immensely and was fortunate enough to go to a top US university. Here were all of the things that I observed during my time here: 1. The TEACHERS are absolutely the best. 90%+ of them truly care and many have been teaching for decades. 2. The counselors are sincere and are willing to help you out with any problems (personal or school problems). 3. The students. Man. I've been bullied in all the elementary schools I went to, even during middle school. And I'm sure I would've been in high school as well, or at least at another high school other than LCHS. Here, I just felt and observed that everyone with cool with one another. There weren't any "cliques" -- sure people belonged in groups but for the most part, everyone was immersed and sincere to one another. It's weird to say this but for high school kids, I thought we here were pretty mature. I think this is mostly due to the rich and diverse nature of the student body. And I laugh whenever I hear criticisms of fights - during my time here, I've only seen <4 and it's like, the last of what I'd think about when I think of my excellent time here at LC.

Posted August 30, 2011
The teachers here are easily the best part of the experience. They really care about their students. I graduated last year and I still wish I was back. School was the best place for me. It's a very safe school, despite rumors to the contrary. In my four years there I only saw about five fights and all were broken up within five minutes. The facilities are just adequate, but it's a small school with a small budget (due to district-wide cuts) and I never had a problem with them. There are many clubs on campus to get involved with and they have two community service clubs.

Posted February 27, 2011
This school has challenged me far beyond what I thought I was capable of. The teachers really care about students' opinions and situations. The administration is actively involved in student activities and very supportive and there are rarely any fights at this school. I myself am a junior at Laguna Creek and have only seen at 5 fights that only lasted a minute or so. I feel very safe and the band, photography, Honors, and AP programs are absolutely fantastic! This is a great school.

Posted October 31, 2010
Great school, caring & high caliber teachers really want the students to succeed

Posted October 23, 2010
This school is amazing! The teachers actually care about the students. It is so diverse, and they are beginning to start the IB program. The AP/honors classes are great, and soon IB is going to challenge the students even more. I am really glad that this school is offering it.

Laguna Creek High School 4

Posted August 09, 2010
My kids have done quite well at LCHS. The honors/AP classes have challenged them. The band program is fantastic!

Laguna Creek High School 1

Posted April 22, 2010
The administration, especially the principal, has no clue on how to handle the disruptive students. Don't even think about sending your children to this school!

Laguna Creek High School 3

Posted February 25, 2010

Laguna Creek High School 0

Posted February 20, 2010
Laguna Creek is a great school, with great teachers and counselors. The diverse student body gets along and there is a positive atmosphere that encourages students to excel.

Laguna Creek High School
9050 Vicino Drive, Elk Grove, CA  95758
Last modified Laguna Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laguna Creek High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top