Posted February 03, 2014
I thought it was a great idea when they decided on turning this into a K-8th Grade school. But now I'm wishing I would have sent my child to a real middle school. There are always substitute teachers. The principal do not know how to handle the middle schoolers. When a situation arises she ignores it instead working on trying to resolve issues she shuns away from it. The bullying is out of control. In order for this K-8th Grade idea to work I think they should have two principals there. One for the K-5th grade and one for 6-8th who have experience in dealing with tweens. It's sad to see the school go down hill as it is going because it was once a really nice, safe school to send your child.

Posted January 31, 2014
If there is a disconnection at the elementary school, then the parent should take this to the district office. Please don't let this pass by. I've had to take lots of things to the district office where my children attend Middle School. Elementary is the time students receive their foundation that supports them throughout their educational experience. This needs to be voiced again to the district office and if nothing happens call the Alameda County Office of Education and report it. Parents have to advocate for their children until they finish high school. It is so important! If I didn't do it, who would've. Students first ....Believe me things happen when you contact Alameda County Office of Education with complaints about your child's school.

Posted January 31, 2014
I've been here for 4 years and it's getting more and more disappointing to see the school going down because of lack of leadership. The principal is very disconnected with the children , the staff and the parents in so mNy ways, it's like she don't even care at times. I will be leaving this school district for the next school year because my child deserves better.

Posted January 26, 2014
The Principal is very disconnected when it comes to the children. Children go to her for issues that the Teacher can't or wont deal with, and she dismisses then so they dont feel she will help with anything. Ms. Allen on the other hand was very attentive to the students..

Anna Yates Elementary School 4

Posted March 03, 2013
It's been another great year at Anna Yates! My son has attend for 2nd, 3rd, and now 4th grade. He is looking forward to 5th grade and his teacher Ms. Johnson is great. Computer lab, garden science, yoga, art, band and the standard studies ensures a well rounded child. The teachers are dedicated, the principal is friendly and cares. My son feels valued and cared for most of the time and as a parent I trul enjoy and appreciate being able to genuinely partner with his teacher to help ensure his success. I love this school!

Posted September 18, 2012
Their anti-bulling program was put into effect a little too late for my child. I found the teacher and principal to be dismissive and even questioned the validity of my claims, in a very disrespectful manner that I would not have expected from a principal. I did not experience the respect and concern for my child that others parents mention. I have heard many similar concerns from other parents so I truly hope that the current program is effective for the children's sake and their safety. I can not speak on their current program but due to their unconcern for my child the effects from the experience in this school still haunt the interactions at the new school.

Posted June 05, 2011
My daughters performed this week in the school play and the school music and dance recitals. Next year the school will expand to k-7 and all of the 7th graders will have electronic text books, similar to ipads. The school has a family feeling where older kids often take care of younger ones. My daughter reads to the kindergarteners and my kids and their friends feel like the art room and library are a home away from home. There are always things to improve, but Anna Yates seems to get better every year!

Posted June 04, 2011
It has been a great year at Anna Yates! My son loves learning and is enjoying his educational experience. He loves the library and reading and feels like he's treated w/respect. I appreciate the school's positive "360 degree person" approach to education and look forward to next year!

Posted November 18, 2010
ANNA YATES IS GREAT! Our 4 year old daughter started kindergarten there this September. She is our only child. We knew she was young and we figured that she can repeat kindergarten at a private school if Anna Yates did not work out. No chance of that happening! Her teacher Mrs. Jordan is making sure that Emily keeps up with the older kids and that she thrives. My daughter has shown incredible maturity and poise in the 3 months she has been there! We love Mrs. Jordan and we are so proud of Emily!

Anna Yates Elementary School 4

Posted April 13, 2010
Anna Yates is a really small school that is trying real hard to make a valuable contribution and focus on excellent learning skills amongst its kids. The school has worked real hard to break away from its past and the issues around its district and improve the lives of its kids!!!! Three cheers for Anna Yates!!!!

Anna Yates Elementary School
1070 41st Street, Emeryville, CA  94608
Last modified Anna Yates Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anna Yates Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.