7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Honestly, there's no school like Grauer. Our daughter loves her teachers, loves the curriculum, loves and appreciates how all the kids get along. It's amazing. The teachers truly connect individually with the students, and they support and guide them through these complex years. At the same time, the kids are encouraged to be independently resourceful, a core value that is so necessary for college success. The curriculum works out-of-the-box with its varying hands-on and creative projects and experiential trips, yet also includes more traditional schooling work such as worksheets, quizzes, tests. It's a great balance. The English program is amazing--these kids write, write, and write! Science involves a lot of hands-on labs and critical thinking. The school encourages kids to be vibrant, creative, entrepreneurial, connective, thoughtful, confident thinkers and people. Self-advocacy is another encouraged core value (along with compassion, intellectual curiosity, etc.), meaning the kids learn to speak up and take responsibility for their work, self, questions, organization, planning, etc. Music and the arts are incorporated with substance, rather than sidelined. A wonderful, magical place to be.

I'm a new student at the Grauer School and I've never been to a school where kids love it so much. The teachers are really awesome and the community is really close.

We are in our third year at this magnificent school, and could not be happier. I have two students enrolled at Grauer, and have seen them both grow in ways that I could never have imagined. I am a solid believer in the small school movement, and see the benefits day in and out. Both of my children have forged close relationships with all of their teachers and fellow students, and feel respected and supported at every level. I've been extremely impressed with the amount of critical thinking that goes into each and every academic assignment, and they're both still in middle school. I can't wait to see what high school brings!

It's a compassionate, college prep environment where people are real. I love teaching here, love our kids, and love being a part of this school community.

Both of my sons attend The Grauer School and we couldn't be happier! The teachers and staff are amazing. Not only are my children getting a fabulous education that will prepare them for anything that they want to do in life, they are also learning compassion, tolerance, environmental awareness, community mindedness, and how to be great overall people.

Finding The Grauer School has been one of the best things I've done for my daughter. It was such an inspiring choice that we opted to move across the country to allow our daughter the opportunity to attend this magical, magnificent school. This her first year at Grauer and not only has the school exceeded our expectations, but we also were pleased to experience that our whole family became a part of the Grauer Community. Our daughter is thriving, she is learning & growing far beyond peers her age and she is becoming a citizen of not just of her school, but of the world . Grauer is a special place that honors each child's unique gifts, challenges them to be their best in all areas of their life and provides them a strong foundation and tools for life. What a gift to give our child!!!

My son had a fever the first two days of finals and had to stay home. The way the teachers at Grauer effortlessly accommodated his revised finals schedule was nothing short of amazing. I cannot tell you what it means to have so much support and understanding. It really warms my heart to see my son grow up in a community that shows him so much kindness and respect and takes into account his emotional well-being as much as his academic success. Thank you, thank you! You guys are THE BEST!

I have two children with very different temperaments at the Grauer School. They both love it there and I can say in all honesty that they are both thriving. My 'anti-social' one has friends and is involved in quite a few after school activities and my 'klutz' played a new sport in 8th grade that she had never tried before. She was on the school team. Anyone who has or remembers that age (for girls) will understand how remarkable this is. Grauer really and truly encourages its students to try new things, to be comfortable with themselves and to respect others' individuality.

To actually get to teach human beings a curriculum rather than process masses of clones trough a battery of tests is a remarkable experience. The research doesn't lie, the smaller the class, the better the opportunity to learn.

My daughter has excelled beyond my expectations! She is truely excited about going to school and is involved in many extra activities that will help her grow as a student. She loves all of her teachers and is looking forward to attending college next year. The entire staff is very progressive and really cares about the students success!

Last modified Grauer, The is a Private school that serves grades 7-12