Encinitas, CA
Students enrolled: 1,584

Posted February 07, 2014
We are delighted with the school. My son made friends right away, even though he was coming from a private school and knew nobody. The program is rigorous, they have a great selection of foreign language classes at high levels, plenty of honor classes and we are very happy with the teachers and the incredibly friendly administration.

Posted January 18, 2014
LOVE the quarter system and clubs. Great Teachers and Parent Involvement .... fosters students motivation and nurtures leadership skills

Posted December 15, 2012
I absolutly love this school! What first attracted me to this school was the friendly atmosphere, and I can honestly say that my first expectation has been lived up to. I have always been a bit of the "odd-man-out" in all of my school experiances but at SDA I always feel like I am accepted and welcomed. I have yet to meet one person that has been judgemental here. On my first day i was surprised to see that everyone of the returning students would not hesitate to show you where any of your classes where and most even carried maps of the school! I am so glad that I came to SDA!

Posted January 09, 2012
Love this school: Great academics, amazing Japanese program, accepting and kind atmosphere and a sense of history and community. It is harder to get into than it once was, and with good reason.This school is a gem on the coast!

Posted June 27, 2011
Attending SDA was the best decision I ever made. When I was in 8th grade, I had to choose between 3 schools: SDA, CCA and LCC. SDA drew me because of its extremely nurturing and non-judgmental atmosphere, its deep roots in the Encinitas community, its artistic vision, its pursuit of academic excellence and its leadership opportunities. The administration and teachers always work with students to help better the school via discussion venues like "The Forum" and consult students on topics such as school beautification and all-school events. Classes are relaxed but uphold a rigorous curriculum and I was always happy, challenged and supported by my peers and teachers. This year's graduating class is sending more students to top, out-of-state colleges than ever before, and I am one of two students headed to an Ivy League university. If I had chosen to attend a different school, I am very certain that this opportunity would not have been available to me. Following the soon-to-be-completed construction of the new state-of-the-art performing arts center, SDA also looks forward to renovations over the next few years to buildings and athletic facilities to be even more accommodating to all.

Posted April 30, 2011
My son and his friends are thriving at this school. We are highly impressed with Principal Grove, who has terrific communications skills and who responds to concerns in an open manner. We have been so impressed by the faculty at The Academy. They have some fantastic academic instructors, and the Auto Shop and Woodshop are something that my son lives for. How wonderful that there is still an educational choice that has a balance of academic programs and applied, life skills. I highly recommend this school!

San Dieguito High Academy 0

Posted October 09, 2010
San Diegutio High, Acadamy is a school that allows my child to develop her own skills that she wants to develop. It has many classes that she can pick a schedule that fits her life and what she wants to do with it. My daughter did not want to go to the big Border School. SDA is much smaller and the administration treats her like a family. She will be able to graduate with 2 or 3 languages and is currently taking Japanese. This school is a 4 block system, so it is more like college. The kids are all friends and hug each other as a greeting and all accept each other which is rare for high school. Please consider this origional school that has been teaching and working for the last 90years.

San Dieguito High Academy 0

Posted October 09, 2010
My Daughter is happy there!

Posted May 25, 2010
SDA is the greatest school! All kids are treated equally and acceptance is most valued. Without the cliques and bullying, kids are free to find their niche and pursue their dreams. The teachers and staff are amazing and always caring about and encouraging the kids to be their best. I have one daughter that graduated and went on to a top university, she was well prepared for college after her time SDA. I also have a Freshman who is loving it here.

Posted April 12, 2010
Amazing school! The teachers are some of the best you will ever find in public schools, the classes are generally interesting, and the atmosphere completely supports all academic pursuits. There is an air of open-mindedness in which students are free to explore their interests and take learning to the next level.

San Dieguito High Academy
800 Santa Fe Drive, Encinitas, CA  92024
Last modified San Dieguito High Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Dieguito High Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top