Posted February 26, 2013
My son Danny has attended Lull for the past 2 years and I couldn't be more happy and grateful to the teachers and support staff for their kind, loving, patient approach to our special children. Every morning we are greet with smiles and I cannot tell you how wonderful it feels to have all the staff and teachers know your child by name. I have seen a distinct growth and maturity and Danny since attending Lull and I look forward to his continued positive improvement. Thanks Lull for taking care of my most special child. Ana Feliciano

Posted September 25, 2012
I have worked in special education for over 15 years at several locations. Lull is one of the most innovative in its use of teaching methods and caring staff. Each student is important and they do their best to help them meet there potential. It is like attending a private school with lots of resources. Come visit anytime.

Posted September 24, 2012
I am an Itinerant teacher, who has worked over 30 years for LAUSD, and experienced at least 80% of the schools. I am also a college professor whom teaches special education. First, I have found the principal to be extremely involved in the students, the staff, and the environs. She always makes time to speak to me about issues relating to the students and/or the school. She is fair, involved,compassionate and approachable. She knows every students' name, as does the office staff and they make sure to greet and say good bye to the student's . Everyone in the office is pleasant and cares. As I said, I have been in many schools and this one the IEP clerk is on top of it and the meetings are run in a timely and professional manner, with decorum and respect for student and parent. I have been in the majority of the classrooms, and the teachers truly care about their students and their students education. I have referred parents to this school, they have nothing but positive comments. They have many special events, e.g. John Wooden Day, athletes come and speak and they have an elaborate mini junior olympics. A special needs student would get their needs met, with great care.

Posted February 15, 2012
I am most grateful for finding this school. From the secretary who greets my son every morning and every afternoon, to the principal Mrs Wise and my sons teachers, i appreciate the care and education that they are giving my son. I feel very comfortable taking my son to school everyday with a smile on his face, that I cant go to work and not worry that he is being mistreated. I love hosting the dances with the other 2 moms for every holiday. The children look forward to their social time and we enjoy seeing their faces light up as they dance. i certainly feel like the principal loves her job and my sons teachers always show enthusiasm when doing their jobs. This definitely is a diamond in the rough.

Posted January 04, 2012
My daughter started Lull in September 2011. It has been an excellent experience for her...she has learned more in this short time at Lull then 5 years in a special ed classroom at a regular elementary school. The school also has school dances, so the children do not miss out on any kind of social skills. Thank goodness I found this school, and she will finally learn to read & write!

Posted November 08, 2011
Lull is a wonderful and supportive environment for students with sever disabilituies. Our emphasis is communication for all students without categorizing them according to their disabilities. We believe that all children can learn and all children have the right to be taught to communicate according to their individual abilities.

Posted November 08, 2011
Lull is the kind of school that reminds us of why we chose this profession in the first place. The students begin and end each day excited about learning. The staff are supportive and loving, while still holding high expectations for the success of their students. Lull is the kind of positive and caring atmosphere that makes it a pleasure to come to work every day.

Posted August 15, 2011
When the Principal at Lull retires (hopefully REALLY soon), the school will be a much better place. The staff is very unsatisfied with her and wishes she would retire so no other school has to suffer like us.

Posted June 23, 2011
DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS TO THIS SCHOOL I have not seen such an incompetent, ignorant principle. School administration is also bad. Poor communication with parents, noticed principle and staff will try to avoid the parents who are willing to participate in the school activities and school site committees. This school administration wastes lot of their money (as an example I have seen in one of their parent meeting room there were around 50 cartridges belongs to printers and plastic enamels for paper). There are some good teachers (heard most of them trying transfer to a different school) and there are bad teachers (some of them are lazy). DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS TO THIS SCHOOL

Posted October 10, 2010
Principal has Ruined the School in so many ways. She has changed what was once a very Nice Welcoming Positive school with a great staff into a miserable negative prison with Awful new teachers and seems to have brought the morale down of the staff.

Fred E. Lull Special Education Center
17551 Miranda Street, Encino, CA  91316
Last modified Fred E. Lull Special Education Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-12
Fred E. Lull Special Education Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top