Hesby Oaks Leadership Charter School 1

Posted October 18, 2014
After hearing good things about this school, I stopped by the office to drop off an out of district application for our 4-1/2 year ok'd daughter but he woman at the front desk would not take the application or even make eye contact. She just waved me away. I was stunned at the rudeness of this person and thought that if it was an indication of how staff relates to parents then Hesby is probably not for us.

Posted August 12, 2014
LAUSD is notorious for not being great schools, but I was very happy with this School. The office staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The Principle is very involved and a good man. I had a couple extremely good teachers that did a great job. As with all schools there are pros and cons, but this school had far more pros as public schools go.

Hesby Oaks Leadership Charter School 2

Posted December 17, 2013
really not very good at all. I did not like this school at all. It's not great.

Posted October 24, 2013
Hesby Oaks Leadership Charter is a wonderful school. I am so happy to be able to give my children the gift of this experience. The teachers care about their students, and go above and beyond, to help those who are struggling. The curriculum is tough, but has raised my kids up, and my oldest is more than ready for high school. You can't please all of the people all of the time, but Hesby has certainly pleased me, and many others at this wonderful school.

Hesby Oaks Leadership Charter School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
Very clean campus as well as a professional and courteous staff. Very family-oriented. All 4 of my children attend and love it!!

Posted August 22, 2013
Hesby Oaks has been A very positive experience . My daughter loves going to school. The school has A progressive challenging curriculum with amazing and utterly creative teachers.

Posted April 05, 2013
Hesby is a Great School that truly a find! Every school has issues, but Hesby comes pretty close to being perfect, considering that this Charter School is only on its 7th year! It is a true community, where the Teachers are fantastic, and really care about the kids education. They take pride in sending off the Kids prepared for their next step....and they are. The Principle is a hoot, and I think often misunderstood. He is one of the most caring school leaders I have met in a long time. Hesby strives for excellence, and it has always had a waiting list for families to get in. It truly is a hidden gem.

Posted March 15, 2013
Great school! My oldest graduated from Hesby 3 years ago, and was so well prepared for high school. I currently have 2 girls attending 7th grade and 4th grade. They excel in all subjects, district assessments are easy for them because they are so well prepared by truly caring and dedicated teachers! My kids have very good friends from school, and there is a sense of community. You feel welcome! I couldn't asked for more from a public school. Compared to the private school they atended before, I can say that they are better prepared to face the demands of higher grades because of the education they are receiving at Hesby. Thumbs up for the effort of principal, teachers, parents, and students!

Posted October 11, 2012
Hesby Oaks is an amazing school. The level of parent and teacher involvement is tremendous. These kids are not just learning to be great students, they are learning to be good citizens. API scores raise more and more each year. 2012 score is 912...which is a great score and factors in elementary and middle school (K-8). If score was calculated just on elementary tests, it would be much, much higher. There also aren't many middle schools which come close to 900. Hesby Oaks is a gem!

Hesby Oaks Leadership Charter School 3

Posted October 11, 2012
We started this year in this district/school. It has being a lot of pressure with the fundraisers. Teachers are great, but being asked for money at the beginning of the year (and so on) its kind of exhausting. We are here because we can't afford private schools (we live in the neighborhood) , and I understand that better education costs money, but what if we don't have it? ... I wish I could have the money to help, because I consider myself a very supportive person. I also tried to help with services and that way to help the school, but I haven't received a call back from the group of parents that are in charge, I feel a little ashamed to call again.. Oh well.. Still feeling that we don't "fit" in that school... is October already and feeling like a first day of school. Going soon to volunteer on my daughter's group, that is something I love and enjoy a lot. I can say I have a good communication with the teachers. They are just GREAT!

Hesby Oaks Leadership Charter School
15530 Hesby Street, Encino, CA  91436
Last modified Hesby Oaks Leadership Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hesby Oaks Leadership Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 147 reviews. Top