Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Today it was the first day in this school of both of my daughters and they were new to school but they werev much happy on their first day as their teachers were so nice and helpful that they are now excited to go everyday happily!! :)

This review is specifically for Ms. Samar - School Administrative Assistant. I don't usually leave reviews and I'm sure the rest of the staff that I have not met is great, but today I absolutely had to leave this woman a review. Both of my children have been in a Montessori private school since they were 6 weeks old. Now that it's time for my daughter to graduate and move on to our home school, Emelita. I was beyond worried and scared not knowing much about the public school system. I have heard so many stories about bullying and other things. BUT, I have to say, Ms. Samar the School Administrative Assistant was SO amazing! She dealt with all of my "new, crazy mom" questions, calmed me down, had tons of patience, and made sure to make me feel as comfortable as possible. I am so lucky that this is the school my daughter will be attending.

I was at Emelita this morning dropping off my oldest daughter who is in 2nd grade. Once I returned to my desk I felt I should make known my love for this school. Needing to pick-up some paperwork in the office I was greeted BY NAME by the principal, Betsey Mayorga. Mrs. Mayorga has been an amazing, proactive leader, genuinely concerned for the students' safety and learning. She is VERY hands-on with teachers, staff, parents but most importantly the children. Over the 3 years at Emelita, I cannot recall ever questioning the integrity and dedication of the faculty. They encourage & welcome parents to be involved in every aspect of their child's learning and development. The kids are constantly participating in various activities, field trips, performances & projects making learning fun. At the end of her kindergarten year, our daughter was reading up to three books a night and over a short time has not only shown an interest in reading but has also excelled in math, science, music & art. What is important to us is not just what she is learning in the classroom, but how she is encouraged to seek more knowledge beyond the curriculum. She's loved ALL of her teachers & so have we!

My child has been at Emelita since 2012 - when she started kindergarten. Having been both a classroom teacher for 8 years and now working in an informal education setting I cannot be happier with the guidance and education that my child is receiving. The teachers that are at the school are wonderful and caring and take the time to not only teach my child and help her grow but they are there to listen to parents whenever an issue arises and most importantly - they work collaboratively with the parents. The PTA is awesome - the parents that help make up this group are dedicated and make it so easy to become actively involved in the school in all types of capacities. But the most important draw for me is the administrative staff...they are absolutely wonderful...Whenever I have had to deal with an issue or had to address something the staff in the front office listens to me and helps to solve the problem. The principal is one of a kind...actively engaged and involved in everything...she has a tough job and she manages it with kindness and compassion and she really has done and will continue to do an amazing job for this school. Emelita is a great school!

As the grandparent of an Emelita Academy Charter School student I thankfully write this review. My Chloe is a second grader and I didn't think her second year could compare with the great learning experience of her first. But, it surpassed it. It warms my heart and gives me so much comfort to know she is being taught "book and life" lessons by loving and caring teachers. Thank you Emelita Academy for giving so much to my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter.

Emelita has gone through many changes over the last couple of years and I am thrilled to see my older daughter graduating this year while my younger son continues to be apart of all the new improvements and changes! I am so pleased with the new computer lab and all the wonderful phonics games my son is "playing". The PTA has really stepped up this year and all the fundraisers have had a great deal of support. I look forward to many new changes throughout the next couple years and I am truly enjoying this new and improved school!

My son has had the most wonderful year in kindergarten at Emelita! I heard a lot of poor word-of-mouth, mainly from people who probably never set foot on the campus. We tried to lottery in to a number of schools, but didn't get in. Things couldn't have worked out better. My son has one of those teachers that is truly gifted in educating young minds. I get valuable feedback on my son's progress, and areas that need some work. He comes home from school every day, excited about what he has learned. He's particularly thrilled with the new computer lab! The PTA and the administration work tirelessly to continue to improve the school. And I can't say enough wonderful things about the office staff here. They truly love the children that attend the school. Sometimes I've seen tough love, but it's always love. And Mrs. Mayorga, the principal is fantastic and has great insights into what is best for a particular child. This is a warm, nurturing school, with faculty, staff, administration, parents and kids that go above and beyond. I could not imagine my son having had a more wonderful kindergarten year at any other school.

I love Emelita!! Not only are we a great school we are a family! We have been part of this family since my oldest son started kindergarten & now he is about to graduate 5th grade! We have been fortunate to have some amazing teachers that have helped shaped our two son's academic career's! They are our superheroes!! The amazing women in the front office have always welcomed my husband & I with warmth & kindness. They are both so patient with my many questions & I love them dearly!!

At first I wanted my girls to attend a school that was rated a 9 or 10 and was pretty disappointed when I was left with no choice but to attend this school that was rated a 6. This school has been great though: The principal is accessible, office managers have been friendly, my girls love their teacher, and last but not least, they are very happy with the friends that they have made. I have to say that if my daughters are happy then I'm happy too! The student body is small with just over 400 or so students which makes the school feel even more intimate. You run into the same parents which is great. The PTA is deeply involved and want to make this school better. I have not seen bullying here, I hope that doesn't change. The only thing I have experienced are well mannered kids: Kids taking the time to open the door for me when they see that I have a baby/stroller in tow. This experience has taught me a lesson in not judging the book by its cover. In this case, by its rating. I know that Emelita may not be perfect but then again I think that the idea of anything being perfect is non existent in this world. It's a great neighborhood school!

MY Daughter attends this school and the staff there is awful they do not greet you or deal with your child's issues or bulling situations well at all they do not inform the parents of any issues there child is having at school and if your child tells you they tell them not to tell there parents what a way to deal with a small child and then we wonder why are children a committing suicide due to school bulling because the schools do nothing and then they tell your children not to tell you as well this is not the first time i have had this problem with this school it's the forth

Last modified Emelita Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.