Emelita Academy Charter School 2

Posted September 12, 2014
MY Daughter attends this school and the staff there is awful they do not greet you or deal with your child's issues or bulling situations well at all they do not inform the parents of any issues there child is having at school and if your child tells you they tell them not to tell there parents what a way to deal with a small child and then we wonder why are children a committing suicide due to school bulling because the schools do nothing and then they tell your children not to tell you as well this is not the first time i have had this problem with this school it's the forth

Posted September 08, 2014
This school should be better. They do not have a focus. The scores are terrible, and they do not work on curriculum. Most of the children in my immediate neighborhood attend other schools. The parents have rented in other areas and donated money/time to the other schools just to ensure their child's enrollment. In addition, the principal treats people with disrespect and has even lied to district officials when approached about a specific issue. The best part of the school is the before and after school program, Soaring Eagles. Micah is kind and fair. The kids are happy and get homework help when needed. I wish this school was better.

Emelita Academy Charter School 2

Posted August 28, 2014
My child started kindergarten this year but at a different school. We live across the street from this school so I see what goes on. I decided a long time ago that there was no way I was sending my kid here. Yes it would have been convenient but I see how the teachers yell at the kids during recess. No way.

Emelita Academy Charter School 4

Posted August 22, 2014
We have been going to this school for almost 7 years between my 2 kids. We have never had a problem there. Most of the teachers are really wonderful and caring. Sure there are a couple that could be changed but out of 24 i would said 22 are really good teachers. So far no complaints, sure parents could get a little more involved but i think we are getting back on track there and this year should be wonderful.

Posted August 21, 2014
This school was a horrible experience for my son. The teachers that are bad are REALLY BAD. I have moved him to a school where the learning is much more enriching beyond worksheets and teaching to a test. Was the best move we ever did. He is at a school he doesn't want to leave versus being at a school that terrified him between the teachers and the bullies.

Posted November 15, 2013
The school looks cute when you drive by but it is such a disappointment. People keep pulling their kids out. It just gets a little worse every year. Communication is lacking. There are good and bad teachers like any school. The office staff is not always nice. The principal gets a 2. The soaring eagles is just okay nothing more. My kids say they have not been bullied but they talk about it seeing it all the time. The charter didn't make anything better. We're just waiting to see if we'll win a lottery so we can get out like everyone else.

Emelita Academy Charter School 3

Posted October 28, 2013
I'm a parent who lives in the neighborhood, and went to this school as a child. My child has been there 2 years. The after school care program Soaring Eagles is Excellent! The people that run it truly care about the kids and I feel my daughter is safe there and very well taken care of. The Principal really cares about the school and is always involved with all aspects of the school even after hours. I realize that dealing with the LAUSD is frustrating, and although both teachers my child has had at have been excellent, I have a concern with the participation levels of the teaching staff. At our recent Harvest Festival, I was disappointed to see that only 6 of the 24 teachers at the school were at the event! I believe this is in part to VERY low parental participation at the school. The few parents that have taken an active role in the school are left feeling frustrated and overworked. It is slowly improving, but can be much better. If teachers see the parents passion for their kids education then perhaps they will join the teachers who are already going that extra mile. Without a firm commitment from parents and teachers, no school will prosper - it s a symboitic relationship!

Emelita Academy Charter School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
My grandchild goes to this school and she loves it! The Soaring Eagles is the BEST after school program I've seen around. They are very caring people. So far everyone at the school has been very supportive and knowledgeable. The principal communicates very well on all the needed information.

Emelita Academy Charter School 5

Posted October 14, 2013
We enrolled our son in the kindergarten class at the beginning of the school year. It has been great so far. Our son loves it there. The food program has been excellent and the cafeteria lady very helpful. His teacher is very nice and he loves her. The after school program, Soaring Eagles, is really awesome and the guy that runs it seems to care a lot for the kids. We love the community feel in the morning when we all line up on the school yard before class. We love that time of the day because we get to meet the other parents and get a feel for our son's class mates and who he is hanging out with. Over all it has been a very good experience for our family so far. We live in the neighborhood and are grateful to have such a safe environment for our son to learn and grow.

Emelita Academy Charter School 5

Posted September 11, 2013
I'm not sure why there are so many negatives reviews. My son just entered this school being in the first grade. I know "several" that have had/have their kids here. It is a wonderful and SAFE school! My son's teacher is awesome and challenges my son and works extremely well with his needs. The office staff is very helpful, along with the principal. They put effort and really care about their school and their NO BULLYING. They sons teacher make a big effort on teaching empathy and communication. She really works with parents and does what she can and reaches out of her own pocket considering LAUSD budget cuts. The school as well. The PTA works their behinds off no matter what. If anything changes I will be sure to revise, but as of right now from my own personal experience and about a half a dozen others, Emelita is the BEST!! And they also just became a charter school =).....go Emelita!!!!!!

Emelita Academy Charter School
17931 Hatteras Street, Encino, CA  91316
Last modified Emelita Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emelita Academy Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top