Public charter
Encino, CA

Posted November 05, 2014
We are in our 6th year at this school and I have nothing but praise for the teachers, staff and parent volunteers. The teachers are amazing, passionate educators who work tirelessly to support our kids, teaching them not only the standard curriculum, but also teaching them the importance of responsibility, leadership and citizenship.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 30, 2014
This is our 7th year at the school and I still firmly believe it is one of the best schools around. Parent involvement is wonderful. The kids in the SAS program are adequately challenged and the kids not in the SAS program are adequately nurtured. The teachers and principal are wonderful and know every child by name. Coach Dimitri is very cool as is Mr. Rodriguez (computers)
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 07, 2014
My kids have had a great experience here for years. Its too bad one family can tarnish it with one bad review. Send your kids here without any reservations.

Encino Charter Elementary School 4

Posted February 23, 2014
Good school, very focused on testing. Teacher are above average, the principle does not how to handle tough situation.

Posted October 08, 2013
My granddaughter started Encino Elementary Charter school Aug 13, 2013. She is a kindergarten student. I have been on campus to drop off, help in the classroom testing and and for pick-up. I take her too the library and have met several teachers and other parents. I have attended school functions I have been impressed over and over again with how well the school is run and how well the kindergarten classes have settled in. They are learning so much and the class time is packed with lessons which give them a sense of adventure and expectation as they are learning so many things at one time. The older children are bright, well spoken and seem happy in the school. The expIectation that these 5 year olds are capable of being able to learn to write, read, listen, and learn early math skills is an exciting. I am very impressed with this School.

Posted September 30, 2013
We feel so lucky to have our son at Encino! My son is attending K and he really loves it! . I can't tell enough about Ms. Romero, she does an outstanding job teaching the students! .She is caring, and concerned about students from the second they arrive until the minute they leave.The parent involvement is amazing! This is a wonderful school!

Posted September 26, 2013
I am very happy we switched to Encino Charter Elementary. My child has never done better academically and otherwise. She went from 2s in behavior and 2s and 3s in academics to straight 3s all around. Now we are aiming for 4s, and she has one of the best 5th grade teachers I have ever met.

Posted August 26, 2013
My children are so happy at Encino Elementary. The staff and teachers are dedicated to excellence. The parents make it possible by supporting the kids and the school. The combination of caring teachers and parents create a winning environment for students. A real gem of a public elementary school!

Posted May 06, 2013
Truly an amazing school for special education kids. This school is one of the best in LAUSD if your child is mild on the spectrum. Also, it's small and has a nice homey feel.

Posted October 15, 2012
I could not ask for better. We had our son in a private school for pre-K and were so let down by the teachers and administration, that looking for a new school made us both tired and negative. After spending last year with Encino, and our son having the best Kinder experience I could ask for - I will tell anyone who asks what makes Encino Charter such a phenominal school. The teachers are caring, well trained and concerned about students from the second they arrive until the minute they leave. The principal is superb at her job. She balances nurture and discipline fairly, in my opinion. The parents are so involved and if the school was not performing to their standards, why would they spend so much time there. The students are the best part of the school. They really care about their own goals and accomplishments and are proud to be at school. You can see it every morning at assembly. It speaks volumes to what their day is like. As a parent I couldn't ask for more. THANK YOU!!

Encino Charter Elementary School
16941 Addison Street, Encino, CA  91316
Last modified Encino Charter Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Encino Charter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 126 reviews. Top