K-6|Private

Bad
Good

VBS Day School is simply amazing. Our first priority was to develop a strong, caring and academically enriched child - - VBS Day School is hitting it out of the park on all counts! My child is learning so much, but more than that, she is challenged to be a better person through learning to care for others and doing good. Not to mention the amazing 1:1 iPad program, sports opportunities and drama/arts programs! I truly think the relationships she is building today will stay with her for life.

VBS Day School is more than just a state-of-the-art educational center, it is a community. Every day our daughters are challenged with an academically robust curriculum-both secular and Judaic. At the same time they are learning to be "menches" through countless creative programs that communicate the values of our rich Jewish heritage. We love the warm feeling among the staff, administration and kids as they walk into school each morning. In addition, if you are looking for a school that caters to your child's individual academic needs, this is the place for you. Hands down, this school provides the most well-rounded education which we feel will prepare our kids for their future educational endeavors and for life in general.

We have 3 children at Valley Beth Shalom Day School and it is the best investment we have made in our children. They are motivated students who love to learn because every day they are encouraged and stimulated by an incredible group of educators. They are getting a top notch secular education, a very good Judaic education and most importantly they are taught to be concerned and involved citizens of the world. No school is perfect, but it's pretty close.

The teachers are very creative and provide an outstanding education that fits each child.

My kids (twins) attended VBS Day Scool from K-5 some years ago, after which time it was too much to afford . I was & still am a public school elementary educator, so I feel most qualified to wholistically evaluate that experience. The children had a priceless Jewish Education, & because I knew the kids were of gifted ability (& would excel wherever), the Judaica was my prority . With Jewish ZPG now a dire reality, my husband & I felt that a daily Jewish Education was a must. In secular studies, some teachers excelled more than others in the lesson delivery, yet it was apparent that teachers of like grades coordinated their lessons. All classrooms were colorful & richly adorned with the children's projects. Much of the concepts taught in both Judaic & Secular Studies culminated in creative projects. Emphasising all learning modalities brought VBSDS to life & memory.

We were very torn about choosing private over an excellent public school in our neighborhood, however, VBS has been an outstanding success for our family. Our daughter is in Kindergarten and we are thrilled with her experience there. We feel included in the school, welcomed by the teachers and administrators, and a part of the synagogue's community. If you are looking for a well-balanced Jewish education that will challenge and inspire your child, VBS Day School is an excellent choice.

In all honesty, this is one of the very best schools in Los Angeles and perhaps in the west coast. The combination of academic excellence, strong moral values, international programs, the most supportive athletic program and stellar leadership by the administration, board, Rabbi's, parents and teachers make this school a role model for others to emulate. I cannot speak more highly of this school, it's vision and leadership...my two children began to thrive there and continue to this day, in large part due to what they receive there. I wish all schools would be like VBS Day School.

Last modified Valley Beth Shalom Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-6