Posted September 09, 2014
Bernardo School is wonderful! We moved here a year and a half ago from Poway, and couldn't be happier! I have always heard that Poway schools were the best, but I have to say, I am far more impressed with Bernardo! Excellent teachers and staff, great after school enrichment programs like chess, Spanish, guitar, and weekly art and music classes! Great PTA with no drama is a big plus too!

Posted March 24, 2014
This school was amazing I'm a eighth grader at woodland park and previously went to Bernardo. This school is spectacular and amazing. All the teachers are nice and well educated. School is interesting. There's a great selection of cafeteria food and many fun groups and clubs. The school is large so I like it.

Posted October 08, 2013
My school is a place with an amazing Kindergarten teacher named Mrs. Borecky!!! We are so thankful to be in her AM class. She runs things so smoothly and is a beautiful example of a caring teacher. She makes parents feel so welcome when they volunteer. The way that she runs her class is so multi-dimensional...she uses music and sign-language and makes things so fun for the children. She has a wonderful incentive program for the children and is very consistent in all things pertaining to the whole child according to their individual personalities and needs. We're so grateful!

Posted September 10, 2013
Love this school. Both my kids go here. The staff is so friendly and my kids are thriving in all areas! There is tons of parent involvment, lots of activities and it is just an all around great school!

Posted June 09, 2013
We moved to Escondido 2 years ago and my two children (Grades 1 and 3) have attended since my son was in pre-school. We love this school! There is such a sense of community here and the parents involvement is amazing. The PTA funds the music teacher, many of the field trips, and many of the small events that happen throughout the school year to reward the kids. The curriculum is very good, with focus on math, science, culture, and history, as well as the standard reading and writing. They have a "Friday Sing" each week to recognize high achieving students and to get all of the teachers and students together and give them something fun to do. We love Bernardo!

Bernardo Elementary School 4

Posted June 04, 2013
The quality of education my child is receiving there is great. Since we've only experienced K & 1st this point, I can't elaborate too much, but there has definitely been a good foundation laid and now we will continue on! I do have a suggestion for the school, and that is that the office staff be a little more welcoming. Many parents have commented that they have felt, simply walking through the door, that their presence is an inconvenience. Same here. They do good work and I'd love to be able to express my appreciation more, but I've never been able to develop a good rapport. School is intense these days, from Kindergarten on. I know the importance of education and what this means to classroom structure, the teachers' approach to students, etc., but it seems that we are forgetting that the kids learn compassion & kindness through peaceful guidance and example. Ok, I'm rambling. In a nutshell: good, strong education. Presence-wise, office staff needs a little tweaking, same for a good number of the teachers.

Posted June 21, 2011
I <3 Bernardo! It's a great school! I was the first class to go through 1st-5th grade at Bernardo. When I went there, I remember having to be at Miller with all the other Bernardo students because it wasn't finished being built yet. Miller doesn't even compare!!! Bernardo has a very nice campus. When I was in Kindergarten and Pre-school, Bernardo didn't exist yet, otherwise I would have gone there for that also. I graduated from Bernardo a couple of years ago in 5th grade obviously and now I'm going into 7th. I miss Bernardo but middle school is great! 5 out of 5 stars for Bernardo! I had a GREAT 5 years there!

Posted November 09, 2010
My kids love this school! We moved out here three weeks ago and I dreaded the thought of them starting a new school especially after the school year had already started. This school has been fabulous. Talk about parent involvement! The school has music, computers, etc. The kids made friends right away and it has been an all around wonderful experience.

Posted February 07, 2010
My son is in Kindergarten here and I have nothing but great things to say about the school, teachers and principal. My son is excelling in everything, reading and writing at 5 years old among other things. I cannot say enough good things about this school or the staff

Posted April 13, 2009
My daughter is a kindergartener this year at Bernardo and I have been extremely impressed with the exceptional instruction she is receiving in Mrs. Burdette's class. The daily schedule is very organized, the weekly homework is do-able and builds on classroom learning, and the ratio of teachers/parent helpers to students is very high. The best recommendation is that my daughter loves her class, thinks homework is fun, and looks forward to going to school everyday.

Bernardo Elementary School
1122 Mountain Heights Drive, Escondido, CA  92029
Last modified Bernardo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bernardo Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top