Escondido, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 28, 2014
I love the reading program that my grandson has been involved in. He started out with not understanding the fundamentals of reading and now he reads very well and actually loves it. He has received many rewards for his progress which lights up his incentive mode. It gives him confidence and good attention. The struggles he has faced do not go unnoticed. When I have had the opportunity to talk with his teacher, mostly last year, I was surprised at how much she had picked up on. She listened carefully to my comments and was not at all threatened by what I had to say. I don't know much more of the school except my grandson likes going to school most of the time and his social experiences are rewarding for him.. If I had one concern, it would be that my grandson has lost several clothing items and they rarely show up in the lost and found. There must be some way to check these kids to make sure they come back with what they had one when they went outside. I sure don't have a solution; maybe some brainstorming amongst the staff would help with this.

Posted August 08, 2013
This is a wonderful school. Mr. Ausby, the principal, is very kind, caring, and well-mannered! I'm happy I am working here.

Posted September 30, 2010
We have great teacher who really care about the well-being of our children. Our principal makes every effort to get parents involved in our children's education.

Posted September 28, 2010
The teachers are always giving it their all. The principal is caring and motivated to reach for the stars and helps us all to reach and meet our goals as a school and a community!

Posted August 20, 2009
This is actually a really good school. I have one child now in the 4th grade and 1 child in the 3rd grade. All the teachers my children had throughout there school years were good(except for 1). But from the teachers I've seen they have some really good teachers. My son before he first started here was at a school in Fontana, CA and he wasn't doing so good until he arrived at this school and became an over achiever. they did have one after school activity this pass 08-09 school year which was crocheting, and the kids learned alot and recieving congrats certificates after.

Posted May 23, 2009
Thank you, Mr. Ausby, Staff, Teachers, PTA, Parents and Students for making Orange Glen a Great School!! We are looking forward to coming back next year.

Posted February 21, 2008
I have two children at OG. One is in the GATE program with Mrs. Dulaney and the other is in the Special Day Class with Mrs. Horton. I could not be happier with the education, care and concern from not only teachers, but the principal, aides, down to the staff in the cafeteria. Everyone works well together for the good of the student, school and community. It seems like there is alot of parent particapation in the classrooms and lunch and play areas. I am very happy and proud that my children are getting a great education at OG. Five stars...way to GO!

Posted August 27, 2007
It's a great school. My daughter attended 1st grade and her teacher Mrs. Dodd was great. She was patient and loving. I just wish this school offers after school programs such as arts, music. Raquel

Posted May 20, 2007
My son is almost finished with his kindergarten year and he is progressing amazingly. He attended preschool and I thought he might be bored in kindergarten- on the contrary he is now able to sound out words and read & write sentences. I agonized over whether to put in a transfer request for a 'top rated' school. However, the education he is getting at Orange Glen is very satisfactory. Moreover, the ethnic diversity in his classroom is refreshing. His teachers are qualified and creative individuals who truly seem to care about the children they are charged with educating. Although parent involvement was not high at other events, the recent school event arranged by the PTA was very well supported. I have discovered that the PTA parents are truly hard working individuals.

Posted April 12, 2007
We have had our kids in the Poway and Temecula school disterict. OG elementry has been nothing but great. My girls are recieving the best education. They are challengeed and can advance.

Orange Glen Elementary School
2861 Valley Parkway, Escondido, CA  92027
Last modified Orange Glen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orange Glen Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top