Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

I believe it starts at home. if you are involved with your kids and want success you wont settle for anything less starting from K. my son is excelling at this school, thriving in his sport and is a well adjusted kid... that started at home. its not up to teachers and the school alone to help your kids move forward. DO YOUR JOB as a parent first and you will be amazed how much better your kids do.

When I first started at this school my freshman year, I remember wishing I had gone to Escondido High. Now, I know I would have regretted that. Orange Glen has become my second home. Getting involved with everything the school has to offer has been the greatest choice I've ever made. The staff will go out of their way to help you with anything you need. The stereotypes that claim OG is ghetto or trashy is actually ridiculous because OG is everything except that. I'm so thankful I decided to stay at OG. It's honestly wonderful and I can't imagine graduating from anywhere else. The unity within the school is outstanding and everyone feels accepted. Getting involved plays a huge part of what you think of the school. I'm grateful for everything OG has done for me. Once a Patriot, always a patriot.

I am a previous Poway Ca resident & our only child has either attended Christian private or the Poway schools, both are suppose to be superior. The truth is we moved to Escondido in a gorgeous upscale home & OG is the school are home is assigned to, I was worried because it wasn't getting a high score out of 10, but what I have come to learn first hand as a P.T.A member at OG is that 80% of the kids are poor by state standards,& their parents do not speak English as a primary language like their kids do, & so that can create some struggles with standardized testing or the out of 10 scoring. Fact this school attendance is at a recording breaking high of 78% no other school in in county has a high attendance score like Orange Glen's, 51% of the kids go off to college right after HS, 21% join the military, 28 Other. The staff are amazing, & genuinely care about the kids. The school receives a healthy amount of Federal money for after school programs.We purchased a new skate park set up, & we are adding in January another after school program to become scuba certified, & every child gets a Rosetta Stone Program at no charge. Thriving School Environment for ALL.

Overall, I enjoy my time at OG. There are a few teachers who could do a better job (especially in the Spanish department), but most of the teachers are terrific and genuinely care about the students. The only thing I don't like is that teachers and faculty play favorites. There's a select few students who are liked much more than others, and it makes the rest of the students feel left out or not good enough. The PE credit thing is ridiculous too, but that's a California thing. The standards we have to meet nearly killed me (I dropped about 30 pounds in three months just to pass!) They say it's to measure our health but everybody's different. I'm not going to lose my chance to take another class just because I didn't do as many push ups as they wanted me to.

Awful experience... we sent our daughter to Charter after two years. The teachers didn't care, the curriculum was too easy and the honors/AP classes were *not* preparing her for college. The German book still showed Germany as two countries!! They're cutting extra-curriculars and arts, and spending money on making the campus prettier instead.

Orange Glen honestly has to be like a home away from home, my friends and I always joke around with the teachers and staff about how you can literally live in the school, we already spend more time there than at home! There are fun programs going on before, during, after school and on weekends. Our school is a very calm place and wherever you bump into a new face you can be sure that it is a friendly one. Many of these teachers go out of their way to help us students out, they care about us. I've had the opportunity to get to know some of my teachers on a more personal level and they do worry and keep an eye out for their students. Orange Glen is full of so much spirit and energy, when the music is playing during lunch and activities are set up you can be sure that the OGHS alumni will be eager to get out there and entertain; OG students make things happen not just within our school but around our community as well.

Having moved to Southern California nearly two years ago now, it has been our privilege in this last school year, to have our two boys attend Orange Glen High School. Our first year in Southern California was at a nearby school district, and the differences are significant. Although the school district they first attended is reputed to be an excellent district in terms of achievement, etc., we were overall disappointed with that experience. It was excessively competitive and anonymous. Our experience at Orange Glen has been decidedly more favorable. The teachers take the time to get to know the students, and the counsellors are accessible when necessary. In both schools, the boys were/are 'A' students, and we are confident that they are receiving a very high(er) quality education at OGHS.

I love my my childern going to OG. the teacher are great!!!!!!!

As a student I see all aspects of a school that truly matter, and it is frightening to see how poorly some aspects of this school are managed. In my fours years of attending I will have three diffrent principles. This is it's self is a mess. Many of ASB management and handling of buildings such as the Preforming Arts Center are horrible. The music department and drama department are consitently fight over the PAC due to lack of classroom space. As a campus, it is clean and well kept but often times matience is preformed during class and interupts teachers while teaching. There are many distinguished teachers with excellent certifications. (Dooley, Keller, Bronwyn). There are many other teachers whose methods are also outstanding. :]

Last modified Orange Glen High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.