Esparto, CA

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted June 30, 2015
Yes my child had the hardest time with manners in general and has since started with please thank you and always asking before she gets something . I also LOVE how the teachers greet each child in the morning with a smile and positive attitude. My child absolutely loved going to school every morning. I barely would get a bye.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 30, 2015
All my child talks about is what her teacher showed her at school and says no this is how teacher showed me and that to me means there is some level of effective behavior in the classroom.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted June 30, 2015
My child will only be starting the Kindergarten program. So I'm excited to see what she brings home.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted June 30, 2015
My child was taught the "bubble" theory which meant stay in your own space and respect others and she seems to use it VERY WELL.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted June 30, 2015
My child has attended this school and went from not knowing how to even spell their name to excelling far beyond that as in learning shapes, words , songs, sharing using manners and just an entirely different child then the one I sent there. The Teacher was REALLY good with her and she was absolutely amazing. Over all I thought the year was great learning experience for my child. I to attended the school when I was younger as well as my parents so I was VERY CONFIDENT in my decision.

Esparto K-8 4

Posted June 30, 2015
My entire family has agent to the school and they have been VERY welcoming and willing to put in the hard work and dedication it takes to help a child successfully grow academically. I for one attended the school all the way to High School the became a Medical Assistant and still remember how nice the teachers were to me and how much my own child tells me they like be the school.

Posted August 16, 2012
This school should be shut down because it is filthy! I found trash that appeared to be decomposing in the playground mulch, and the inside of the school smells like a state park's restroom! The curriculum is poor, my child was in 2nd grade here and she was doing work that she had learned in 1st grade from a previous school. I will not allow my children to attend here ever again.

Posted July 28, 2011
I took my child out of Esparto. Her teachers loved her, she is bright and very helpful in the classroom.Tthey encouraged me to keep her in Esparto. However I didn't feel she was being challenged. After her and another smart boy in her class got their work done, they were helping other students with their assisgnments instead of the teacher giving them more challenging work. That's why the teachers wanted me to keep her there; she improved the STAR scores and helped the teachers do their jobs. She's going to Davis where she will be challenged. They didn't get a 10 rating for slacking!

Posted July 27, 2011
Horrible!!! My son's class had a 2 teacher split school year, talk about confusing for the kids!!! Heard many complaints about most of the teachers there! Never met the principal! My son's lunch bag, backpack, and 3 sweatshirts were stolen! Dirty campus! We moved just to change schools.

Esparto K-8 5

Posted September 21, 2009
Small community allows for more direct attention to the individual student.

17120 Omega Street, Esparto, CA  95627
Last modified Esparto K-8 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Esparto K-8 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top