Posted August 16, 2012
This school should be shut down because it is filthy! I found trash that appeared to be decomposing in the playground mulch, and the inside of the school smells like a state park's restroom! The curriculum is poor, my child was in 2nd grade here and she was doing work that she had learned in 1st grade from a previous school. I will not allow my children to attend here ever again.

Posted July 28, 2011
I took my child out of Esparto. Her teachers loved her, she is bright and very helpful in the classroom.Tthey encouraged me to keep her in Esparto. However I didn't feel she was being challenged. After her and another smart boy in her class got their work done, they were helping other students with their assisgnments instead of the teacher giving them more challenging work. That's why the teachers wanted me to keep her there; she improved the STAR scores and helped the teachers do their jobs. She's going to Davis where she will be challenged. They didn't get a 10 rating for slacking!

Posted July 27, 2011
Horrible!!! My son's class had a 2 teacher split school year, talk about confusing for the kids!!! Heard many complaints about most of the teachers there! Never met the principal! My son's lunch bag, backpack, and 3 sweatshirts were stolen! Dirty campus! We moved just to change schools.

Esparto K-8 5

Posted September 21, 2009
Small community allows for more direct attention to the individual student.

Esparto K-8 0

Posted September 21, 2009
It's basically still a small school where everyone knows each other, staff students, parents and community, and they are very supportive of each other. We are blessed with great staff district wide.

Esparto K-8 0

Posted August 04, 2008
We have been very happy at this school. I agree that every year the school is getting better. All of the new teachers have been excellent and we look forward to meeting our new principal this year. Many changes have been made district wide and we believe they are for the better.

Posted July 01, 2007
This school has made a lot of changes and I think it has become a great school. It was named a California Distinguished school last year. The teachers are excellent and dedicated to their students. My daughter was in Third Grade last year and has had great teachers every year. I wish there was more art and music programs, but I hear this will improve next year, too.

Posted March 31, 2005

Posted February 25, 2005
Esparto has an excellent staff who are very caring. The school provides many intervention programs for struggling students, access to an Accelerated Reader Program, and MathFacts in a Flash. There is a good afterschool care program. Art and music programs are not emphasized. Community sports are available.

Esparto K-8 2

Posted September 07, 2004
My son attended Esparto Elementery last year for only 4 weeks. As one can imagine, it was not a great experience. I am relieved that this year he is eager to go to school once again and is already very fond of his new (to the school) 3rd grade teacher. I am a little worried about the star testing results for this school and have been wondering what other parents feel about the school. I am hoping that the individual class and experience are what matter and that the poor results can be overcome with extra work at home.

Esparto K-8
17120 Omega Street, Esparto, CA  95627
Last modified Esparto K-8 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Esparto K-8 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top