Esparto High School 5

Posted April 03, 2008

Posted November 27, 2007
The school, and the district, does not seem to be concerned about the students' needs. Many of the teachers do care about the students. There are not many alternatives for the students in the way of extra-curricular activities and electives.

Esparto High School 3

Posted July 17, 2007
I don't think the students get all the opportunities they need to succeed. in the entire staff there are about 3 teachers that actually care about their students future. we have all the basic classes, 2 AP and a few extra curricular activities. But I've noticed that this school isn't as involved as those of others. I don't understand how we have teachers teaching out of their specific subjects. we have ag. mechs teachers teaching biology. we don't offer many clubs. we don't have a music program. and we don't have sports like track, field or tennis. yes we have had some accomplishments. and that I am proud of. but sometimes that just isn't enough.

Esparto High School 0

Posted July 17, 2007
I happen to think that this school is amazing. We might not have 'advanced' classes, but our testing average doesn't reflect that. We rank in the top of the schools in california. I love my school and the size of it doesn't matter at all to me. High school is what you make of it, and if you have little to work with, so be it. It's not necesarilly the school, because you can take college courses, it's the student, and no can make your kid a good student. thanks, II'm a student at EHS. and I proudly support it.

Esparto High School 4

Posted July 16, 2007
Many graduate students got scholarships last year, so I believe these schools are great. Besides, size doesn't matter; smaller schools mean smaller classes, which means more attention and help toward the students. I know for a fact, the schools in the Esparto School District has won awards for their students' test scores. There are enough options for your child to choose from for electives and extracurricular actitives. When your child would turn sixteen, they may be able to attend Woodland Community College to help with graduation requirements or take extra classes that colleges may be looking for. This school also has honors classes, which are advanced classes. I am also a student at Esparto High School and I believe I have the right to stand up for my school which I have pride in.

Esparto High School 1

Posted November 04, 2006
In this school district its not about whats best for the kids.

Posted November 01, 2006
What happened to the music program? It would be nice if when a mistake is made they own up to it. As a parent we would appreciate an apology. What happened to teachers being credentialed in what they are teaching? I thought that was a requirement !!!

Posted October 29, 2006
If you want your child to excel, don't enroll here. No music, no arts, basic vocational classes. Best thing going - FFA

Posted August 30, 2006
Not for students with University aspirations! The school has no advanced classes. The extracurriculars are a few sports (male focused) and Future Farmers of America (in which they do very well worldwide). The school is safe and the student body accepting of new students. It is too small for a diverse student body. The counselor is the best part of the school. She cares and works very hard to help students exceed (too bad the principal doesn't follow suit). The office staff know all the students and are excellent. The teachers keep leaving and the good ones are few and far between. We left because there were too few opportunities for my child.

Esparto High School 3

Posted May 05, 2006
This is a small school district with seemingly few opportunities. But because of the size the teachers are very aware of the students and they are able to create opportunites based on the indiviual needs of the student.

Esparto High School
17121 Yolo Avenue, Esparto, CA  95627
Last modified Esparto High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Esparto High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top