Bad
Good

Good school , staff well prepare and friendly , needs to be a little bit more clean and provide more balls for kids to play during recess , lunch and beginning of school

Excellent teaching and support staff! My daughter is very happy and involved in extra curricular activities that helped her learning and growth.

This school has some positives and negatives. There are some very good teachers here and a lot of parents that are very involved. The negative is the school shows a lot of favoritism to certain parents. The same children year after year get into the classes with the better teachers. It appears to be in direct relation to how often that child's parents are helping at the school. There is also a group of parents that are not above helping their children cheat on tests.

Love this School. Traffic and Parking is a problem but I have figured out what works for me. So far the teachers have been pretty good. I don't see the principal very often so don't know much about her.

I really like this school. I specially love Mrs Lester in kindergarten . So far the school looks organized , the teachers are well prepared and strict with the kids. The only bad part is parking and traffic....horrible.

My daughter is a first grader in John Golden. This is not a perfect school. Some teachers are very good, some are not...but my daughter and I both give this school a 5 star because overall, it provides a positive learning environment for kids. The school is also clean and safe. Last but not the least, the principal and all the staffs are very helpful. A+

I've had my children in both the Alta Loma SD and Etiwanda..John Golden in particular has been an outstanding school. The principal and vp are very approachable. Our teachers have been exceptional-they have truly gone out of their way to ensure my children succeeded. Parental involvement is also great. Coming from a private school, I wanted high academics, yet caring, competent, compassionate teachers..This school delivers..

So far.. My son has been at the school for about 3 years and I have another who will be attending next year. My experience and interaction with teachers, staff and other parents have all been great. Golden has a great support system with faculty and parents. I definitly would recommend anyone living in the area that this is a good school. I come from a private school background and very high expectations.

My wife and I are nice people with one daughter who goes here. Surprisingly we have had several negative interactions with the librarian and the office seems like you are bothering them. If I ran a business the way this principal does, I'd be out on the street! Terrible customer service trickles down to the support staff in the office. Very little flexibility. Some of the teachers are quite good, but some aren't. If you want more than that for your kids, you'll need to look elsewhere. Very little enrichment and the unbelievably large class sizes are going to get larger. It's amazing that people would think the API, a bubble sheet test, PROVES success. It doesn't measure at all the development of character, physical fitness, right brain artistry, and love of learning. Shame on them for treating my family with such disrespect time and time again!

I am very happy with Golden Elementary. The API proves that this school is doing what it takes for all student to have academic success!

Last modified John L. Golden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.