Etiwanda, CA

Posted May 13, 2015
Excellent teaching and support staff! My daughter is very happy and involved in extra curricular activities that helped her learning and growth.

John L. Golden Elementary School 2

Posted April 29, 2015
This school has some positives and negatives. There are some very good teachers here and a lot of parents that are very involved. The negative is the school shows a lot of favoritism to certain parents. The same children year after year get into the classes with the better teachers. It appears to be in direct relation to how often that child's parents are helping at the school. There is also a group of parents that are not above helping their children cheat on tests.

John L. Golden Elementary School 4

Posted January 28, 2015
Love this School. Traffic and Parking is a problem but I have figured out what works for me. So far the teachers have been pretty good. I don't see the principal very often so don't know much about her.

Posted April 28, 2014
I really like this school. I specially love Mrs Lester in kindergarten . So far the school looks organized , the teachers are well prepared and strict with the kids. The only bad part is parking and traffic....horrible.

Posted April 23, 2013
My daughter is a first grader in John Golden. This is not a perfect school. Some teachers are very good, some are not...but my daughter and I both give this school a 5 star because overall, it provides a positive learning environment for kids. The school is also clean and safe. Last but not the least, the principal and all the staffs are very helpful. A+

Posted January 23, 2011
I've had my children in both the Alta Loma SD and Etiwanda..John Golden in particular has been an outstanding school. The principal and vp are very approachable. Our teachers have been exceptional-they have truly gone out of their way to ensure my children succeeded. Parental involvement is also great. Coming from a private school, I wanted high academics, yet caring, competent, compassionate teachers..This school delivers..

Posted January 19, 2011
So far.. My son has been at the school for about 3 years and I have another who will be attending next year. My experience and interaction with teachers, staff and other parents have all been great. Golden has a great support system with faculty and parents. I definitly would recommend anyone living in the area that this is a good school. I come from a private school background and very high expectations.

John L. Golden Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2010
My wife and I are nice people with one daughter who goes here. Surprisingly we have had several negative interactions with the librarian and the office seems like you are bothering them. If I ran a business the way this principal does, I'd be out on the street! Terrible customer service trickles down to the support staff in the office. Very little flexibility. Some of the teachers are quite good, but some aren't. If you want more than that for your kids, you'll need to look elsewhere. Very little enrichment and the unbelievably large class sizes are going to get larger. It's amazing that people would think the API, a bubble sheet test, PROVES success. It doesn't measure at all the development of character, physical fitness, right brain artistry, and love of learning. Shame on them for treating my family with such disrespect time and time again!

John L. Golden Elementary School

Posted January 26, 2010
I am very happy with Golden Elementary. The API proves that this school is doing what it takes for all student to have academic success!

Posted September 29, 2008
My original post was dated Oct 14, 2003. I gave Golden a 5 star then and I still rate it a 5 star now. My son has now promoted to intermediate school & the transition went without a hitch because Golden Elementary had incorporated in its' curiculum the structure and student accountability necessary to succeed at the next level. Every teacher at each grade was well qualified & took a personal interest in my son's advancement. In first grade my son was a laggard in his reading ability. By 4th grade he had finished all of the Harry Potter books plus the 'Unfortunate Event' series under the 'AR' program (voluntarily I must add). I really can not say enough about my satisfaction with this school. This yr my son had a perfect score on the STAR Math and 95 %tile in english section. Also if this helps we are AA.

John L. Golden Elementary School
12400 Banyan Street, Etiwanda, CA  91739
Last modified John L. Golden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John L. Golden Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top