Etiwanda, CA
Students enrolled: 3,178

Posted June 07, 2014
This is a very good school. The community has grown so much over the past 30 years. The kids need to work hard and study to get to the next level. The athletic program has become stronger playing in one of the best leagues, the Baseline League.

Posted August 28, 2013
I'm a Senior at Etiwanda High School and have been attending since the ninth grade. To be honest, I cannot imagine myself at any other school. It's not just the academics, but the atmosphere as a whole. Etiwanda is just a naturally inviting place to be. In all my four years, I have never felt victimized or put down by anyone from the school body. Everybody is friendly and nice, and those who can't find it in themselves to tolerate other human beings, fade into the background. Of course, every place has its handful of hotheads that feel the need to strike out when they can't seem to get a point across, but this can be said for anywhere. I agree with the accusation of some, though, that there are a few incompetent teachers, but in a way, I've learned to appreciate their incompetence. In some rare instances I had to take education into my own hands and self teach myself and find outside resources in order to succeed, but if you think about it, isn't that how real life is? Not everything is going to be handed to us on a silver platter . With the exception of those few rotten tomatoes, the teacher staff is really great and I can safely say that I've learned a lot. Overall: A

Posted March 01, 2013
Etiwanda is an excellent HS. My oldest son graduated in 2012 and my middle son is a freshman. I have seen so many outstanding teachers and I believe my kids are getting an excellent education, for a public HS. Etiwanda prepares interested students for college and the the strong state testing scores support the quality of this school. The only negative is the school is old and outdated, but with the bond measure that passed in Nov 2011, that will provide new and improved facilities. If I had to enroll my kids again, I would! P.S. the boys and girls basketball teams are among the best in CA!

Etiwanda High School 2

Posted November 01, 2012
Even though this school has an 8 on the API, I feel it credited to the students. My daughter has some of the worst non caring teachers and counselor ever! She came from a very caring school with the same API to a non caring school. Even their lunch staff is the worst. expired food, no you can't have that food. It is true about the counselor- My daughters counselor gets mad when I come in and tells my daughter she needs to handle it herself. He intimates her. Im thinking twice about letting my 3 other children go there if things do not improve!

Posted October 14, 2012
Etiwanda High is not perfect; NO school is - but, they have some great teachers, a few good counselors and one or 2 good administrators. Unfortunately, a couple of men at "the top" do not seem to adhere to high moral standards. API (scores ONLY) and athletics seem to be their priorities and we've noticed morale is very low at the school, which is a shame considering there are so many GOOD staff members there and pretty awesome students.

Etiwanda High School 2

Posted October 12, 2012
All three of my sons attended EHS throughout the course of ten years. My youngest son is a senior and I have to say it has been painful seeing a school go from great to poor. The school is suffering from a lack of quality students and parents. The administration and faculty are not at fault, the socioeconomic conditions and demographics in the area have changed and the school reflects that. EHS has gone from clean and wholesome to rundown and urban.

Etiwanda High School 1

Posted August 13, 2012
I have seen this school go from good to horrible in the five years that I have had students attending there. The councellors are hard to reach and then when you do approach them with concerns they brush the student off and tell them that they need to learn to deal with things. And there is gum everywhere and there has been for five years. Then there is the athletic program. It is all basketball...you would not know there are other sports at the school. My daughter has had four coaches in her four year there each one worse than the other. This new set of coaches are hypocritical and condesending to the athletes. When approached by the team they deny what they do and it is no use to talk to the pricinpal because he just sits in his office wearing his shiny patent leather shoes and smiles all day long. A real winner of a school.

Posted September 08, 2011
It's a shame parents want to blame the school for their child's lack of academic success. They want phone calls home -- REALLY? With overt 3,000 students? They get a progress report every 6 weeks-- READ it! Also, there are some blatant lies on here. EHS does NOT have fights everyday. Counselors are not lazy.The school grounds have been improved. No school is perfect, but Etiwanda is better than MANY. My son received a good education and went on to graduate with 4 year degree. Not every teacher is great, but there are SO MANY who are.

Etiwanda High School 4

Posted September 08, 2011
Etiwanda Highschool has given my daugther the opportunity to get an excellent education and learn a sport that she enjoys playing.

Etiwanda High School 4

Posted June 28, 2011
I loved my years at Etiwanda. There are always teachers and students that give a school a bad reputation, but its unfortunate because there are some amazing teachers who go out of there way for you (rarely seen today). Students are great, no real racial tension which is a big factor. The student before me must not have had the same counselor as me. Mine was constantly riding me to achieve. Eagle for life!

Etiwanda High School
13500 Victoria Avenue, Etiwanda, CA  91739
Last modified Etiwanda High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Etiwanda High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 86 reviews. Top