Posted March 10, 2014
Great school up until this year, sadly it seems they have changed over to Common Core and I really believe nothing good can come from it. Teachers have to spend more time learning news ways to confuse students and getting the answer correctly isn't the goal, but showing some extra long way to do it seems all that counts. I remember having to memorize my math and I was good and my daughter was very good up to last year. I believe that if we continue to follow the path of CC we are dumbing down our children. Also I really believe the food in most schools I wouldn't serve my dog. I went the other day and looked at the what they called a salad bar and it was turning brown and was not really a salad just lettuce. Bland foods and lots of starch's - for the same price and a little extra effort the kids would eat there and get a healthy choice, because it not even close. Other then that the school is great Admin does their very best with the tools they are given and Families help a lot.

Posted October 10, 2012
I am a student at Windrows. Windrows has great security on the playground. They have many proctors to watch us. I've liked most of my teachers. I enjoy Accelerated Reader and Battle of the Books. I like how the teachers give us big projects. I have a great time enjoying the many books they have in their library. The assemblies are very educational, yet fun. Mr. L. lets us know about all upcoming events. There are many sports activities that I enjoy during PE. WINDROWS IS THE BEST SCHOOL EVER!

Posted March 28, 2012
Great school and what a great principal! It's rare when all teachers are fond of their principal! Looking forward to my 3 children getting an education here!

Posted October 20, 2010
Could not think of a more nurturing school for my children. The enitre staff has been a pleasure to deal with. Great Administrators, Teachers, office, and parent helpers. My child is definitely better for attending this school

Posted October 12, 2010
I have had nothing but a great experience at Windrows. I don't know what this person is talking about. Based on this person's post, I wonder if the help he/she is giving is very good, since the post is filled with numerous errors in grammar. I drove my children away from their home school so that they could attend a school where the staff looks out for their best interest and respects my family and kids. If your child is not experiencing the level of success, then I would look at what the success can be for the indivdual. Not all children can attain the same level of success. My Learning disabled child will always struggle with reading and we know and accept that. This is no ones fault, just they way he is. They worked with him and He LOVED it there

Windrows Elementary School 2

Posted September 25, 2010
I have a son at windrows he is in the second grade and in my opinion the teachers are failing him miserabaly. In kindergarten and 1st grade they knew he was suggling but continue to promte him to the next grade. I spend anyware between 1 1/2 to 2 hours a night on homework and am at my witts end. I have now enrolled him in kumon in hopes that starting at his cuurent level of understaning which is two year behind. I know of other parents that have resorted to pulling thier kids out and moving them to private school. That will be my next option. Regardless I find this situation very disheartning. This is my second child to end school in rancho cucamonga my first had the same experience. It is simple overwhelming not to be able to see your kid have a level of success in education .

Posted September 02, 2010
Simply cant say enough good about the school and the teachers. We have 2 girls still there and one that already compleated k-5 there. The teachers all really care about the kids and Mr L is the best. He really takes his job to heart and cares about the kids and the school.

Posted April 28, 2009
Windrows is a great school! The teachers, staff and principal are wonderful.

Posted May 21, 2008
This an awesone school for K-5th grade.

Posted April 20, 2008
We LOVE this school! We have had 3 of our 4 sons attend this school and our youngest will bein in the fall 08. The principal is wonderful as well as the teachers and the staff! There is a lot of parent involvement and everyone wants the very best for your children!

Windrows Elementary School
6855 Victoria Park Lane, Etiwanda, CA  91739
Last modified Windrows Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Windrows Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top