Eureka, CA

Posted September 18, 2010
I attended Zane Middle School for 6th, 7th and 8th grade. I graduated from ZMS in 2010. Zane middle school is the best school I have ever been to. I had so much fun and I got good grades all three years I was at Zane. I had some of the best teachers anyone could ever ask for seriously, they were awesome. I think the teachers at Zane are the best teachers in Humboldt county. I met so many new people when Winiship and Zane were combined. It was a great experience. I would do anything to attend a school like Zane again!! I had so much at Zane especially during 8th grade!! I am currently attending Academy of the Redwoods and I really miss ZMS and all of the awesome teachers.

Posted July 02, 2010
I went to Zane for my 7th and half of my 8th grade year. I am now gpoing to be a freshman ('10-'11) This school is the worst school i have ever been to. I was verbally and emotionally tortured by many students. The adminestration failed to do anything about it. Unless your willing to get no assistance from adminestration, DO NOT attended this school

Catherine L. Zane Middle School 3

Posted April 10, 2009
I am an 8th grade student at ZANE and I would like to point out to some of you parents that ok, yes we have some fighting going on,and our new administration (Ms. Moore, Mr.Lakin, Ms.Haskamp, and all of the other staff members) are working on that, what you need to do as a parent is instead of complaining about it you should get involved or encourage your student to tell a teacher if he/she sees someone being bullied. The thing is these days is that most of the kids encourage fights for entertainment but trust me what you have to do is look at the good things at ZANE like our wonderful music program, and all of the teachers who all have credentals in the subhects they teach and they are all always there to help a student and we also have a great deal of diversity.

Posted April 08, 2009
I can't believe how awful Zane has become. Being an alumnist, I was somewhat excited about my son going there from Winship. He was instantly bullied, he dropped from the 'B' honer role, to Ds and Fs. I could understand if it were just my child, but this was not the case. The kids that came over from Winship didnt stand a chance. Bullies and poor parental involvement. We tried to communicate with the school with zero result. We were constantly given the run around to simply passify us. Taking our son out of Zane was the BEST thing we could have done for our son. His grades have already improved, and is happier in general. DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS TO ZANE!!!!

Catherine L. Zane Middle School 0

Posted April 03, 2009
zane middle school is a GREAT school. iv'e been a student since 6th grade. Zane has definately been the best school ive ever gone to. we have students from all over the world and different cultures. we have an outstanding award winning music program (and i would know im first chair cello in the quintet) zane offers a full string orchestra, 3 bands and special peformance groups. we have a beautfiful campus with soccer, basketfall, football and baseball. we have excellent teachers who all have credenticals in the subjects they teach. many other schools cant offer that. all in all, zane is a wonderful school that provides a equal and vauleble education for all.

Posted February 03, 2009

Catherine L. Zane Middle School 0

Posted January 28, 2009
The music program is the only really good thing about this school

Posted January 28, 2009
This is not a good school at all . Theres so many bullies. Its easy to cut class. Theres not enough supervision. Your child can't be there self at this school. I dont think you kid should go to this school.

Posted November 21, 2008

Posted October 29, 2008

Catherine L. Zane Middle School
2155 S Street, Eureka, CA  95501
Last modified Catherine L. Zane Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Catherine L. Zane Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top