Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Our experience at Zane since 2011 has been excellent! With one graduated and one still attending, each year gets better. The dedicated teachers and staff at Zane go above and beyond to make sure the kids are well taken care of. As the PTSA programs chair, I am always amazed at how well students behave at school events. The bond between students and staff is truly what makes Zane the best school in Humboldt (oh, and Mr. McCay's music dept). If you are looking for a great school, Zane is the place to be!

I was very concerned about my daughter attending middle school. It is a very hard age for most kids. We chose Zane as I went their as a child but also because of their fabulous STEAM program. Early on in the school year I knew we had made a good choice for our daughter. She loves school and has had a wonderful year. The school year is about to be over and our second daughter be attending Zane also in the fall. I could go on and on about Zane, but this is one Mom who couldn't be happier.

My daughter has attended Zane for the past two years. My family has been very impressed with the quality of education she has received at Zane. The teachers are enthusiastic and know her on an individual basis. The administration is very involved in the students' lives and address any problems with swiftness and efficiency. I have met many great parents through being involved in Zane's PTSA. The highlight of her two years was a school-wide theatre performance that Zane staff initiated this year. Even though my daughter is shy, she auditioned and got a main role. She loved it and it really helped to boost her self-esteem. I would recommend Zane to any parent deciding about Eureka Middle Schools.

I attended Zane Middle School for 6th, 7th and 8th grade. I graduated from ZMS in 2010. Zane middle school is the best school I have ever been to. I had so much fun and I got good grades all three years I was at Zane. I had some of the best teachers anyone could ever ask for seriously, they were awesome. I think the teachers at Zane are the best teachers in Humboldt county. I met so many new people when Winiship and Zane were combined. It was a great experience. I would do anything to attend a school like Zane again!! I had so much at Zane especially during 8th grade!! I am currently attending Academy of the Redwoods and I really miss ZMS and all of the awesome teachers.

I went to Zane for my 7th and half of my 8th grade year. I am now gpoing to be a freshman ('10-'11) This school is the worst school i have ever been to. I was verbally and emotionally tortured by many students. The adminestration failed to do anything about it. Unless your willing to get no assistance from adminestration, DO NOT attended this school

I am an 8th grade student at ZANE and I would like to point out to some of you parents that ok, yes we have some fighting going on,and our new administration (Ms. Moore, Mr.Lakin, Ms.Haskamp, and all of the other staff members) are working on that, what you need to do as a parent is instead of complaining about it you should get involved or encourage your student to tell a teacher if he/she sees someone being bullied. The thing is these days is that most of the kids encourage fights for entertainment but trust me what you have to do is look at the good things at ZANE like our wonderful music program, and all of the teachers who all have credentals in the subhects they teach and they are all always there to help a student and we also have a great deal of diversity.

I can't believe how awful Zane has become. Being an alumnist, I was somewhat excited about my son going there from Winship. He was instantly bullied, he dropped from the 'B' honer role, to Ds and Fs. I could understand if it were just my child, but this was not the case. The kids that came over from Winship didnt stand a chance. Bullies and poor parental involvement. We tried to communicate with the school with zero result. We were constantly given the run around to simply passify us. Taking our son out of Zane was the BEST thing we could have done for our son. His grades have already improved, and is happier in general. DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS TO ZANE!!!!

zane middle school is a GREAT school. iv'e been a student since 6th grade. Zane has definately been the best school ive ever gone to. we have students from all over the world and different cultures. we have an outstanding award winning music program (and i would know im first chair cello in the quintet) zane offers a full string orchestra, 3 bands and special peformance groups. we have a beautfiful campus with soccer, basketfall, football and baseball. we have excellent teachers who all have credenticals in the subjects they teach. many other schools cant offer that. all in all, zane is a wonderful school that provides a equal and vauleble education for all.

The music program is the only really good thing about this school

This is not a good school at all . Theres so many bullies. Its easy to cut class. Theres not enough supervision. Your child can't be there self at this school. I dont think you kid should go to this school.

Last modified Catherine L. Zane Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.