Bad
Good

Posted April 17, 2014
My grandson came to AR from another system many miles away. In the previous system he had been bullied and seemed to have been "written off" as someone who could not learn. At AR he found no bullies, every student wants to go to school, friends, and significant attention to his learning needs. He is making good progress and he is happy to go to school. Great learning environment!

Posted June 19, 2013
This school opened the door for me to many possibilities and opportunities that I would otherwise have never had access to. In my 3 years there, I learned not only academic things, but about myself. I was taught to challenge everything I believe in, and instead of making me confused and lost, this process has made my beliefs and ideologies stronger. I earned my Associates Degree one month before my high school diploma at the age of 17. I then went on to CSU Sacramento and earned my Bachelors in English with a Minor in Theatre in just three years' time. I graduated from college at the age of 20, and now I plan to get my credential and be a teacher. Without AR's amazing support system, I would not be where I am today. Thank you for everything, AR. I hope one day to work there myself! :)

Academy Of The Redwoods 2

Posted May 16, 2013
Does not promote the field of learning i am interested in and suggests i wait until college to take the classes... i take that as discouragement... definitely switching ASAP

Academy Of The Redwoods 1

Posted May 16, 2013
This school is as bad as they git. I am going to ferndale and would suggest it to all. Also they only take the 504 for the extra money.

Posted November 01, 2010
Academically challenging and great academic support. Allows student to attain a 2 year Associates degree along with their HS Diploma.

Posted October 21, 2010
It is really good and is great and has caring teachers and the students are awesome.

Posted October 20, 2010
This is the best school ever! they treat you like an equal. :) i love it! GO AR!

Posted October 09, 2010
Academy of the Redwoods (fully funded through the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation) is an awesome chance for high school students to achieve academic excellence. If a student applies themselves they can graduate with an associate's degree AND a high school diploma !! The campus is clean and beautiful. The teachers are all inspired and caring. We are so happy with our choice.

Posted October 08, 2010
This exceptional school manages to support not only the "brainy" students who desire to continue their education in great universities; it supports those who are interested in learning a trade as well. The students are guided to respect self and others, and to consider the consequences of their actions. The daily announcements and monthly meetings with the teachers and the principal keep the parents well informed. There are many opportunities to get involved, to get inspired and to make friends in a school that doesn't have cliques.

Posted October 08, 2010
An awesome school. I love it and I"m going to miss it!

7351 Tompkins Hill Road, Eureka, CA  95501-9302
Last modified Academy Of The Redwoods is a Public school that serves grades 9-12