Bad
Good

Northridge Elementary School 4

Posted November 03, 2015
While we only spent one half of the year, we were very impressed with the school. The kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Ward, is wonderful! We could not have asked for a better teacher. The secretary is kind and helpful. We will miss the kindergarten there!

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted August 28, 2015
They talk about being safe, respectful, responsible and kind. The kids can earn coupons "Wildcat Cash" toward prizes, etc. for displaying those qualities.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 28, 2015
Each week, a character trait, such as honesty, is highlighted and discussed during morning announcements and then the teachers talk about it as well.

Posted August 28, 2015
Dedicated teachers. Excellent Principal! GATE program. Friendly and helpful office people. K-6 neighborhood school. Free before school clubs.

Northridge Elementary School 1

Posted July 25, 2014
My daughter attended 4th grade there for the 13-14 school year. Her teacher was previously a 1st grade teacher and had absolutely no idea how to teach a 4th grade class. She did not teach them the California History curriculum as required by state standards. She had them sitting on the carpet while she read picture books to them and claimed that it was a part of the critical literacy program. That is developmentally inappropriate at that age level. She also did not teach any science that year. In addition she did not have any control of her class and would punish all the students for the misbehavior of a few. The principal did not address issues as parents complained so they just continued. I was not happy with my experience at this school and am happy to say that I was able to transfer my daughter out and she will be attending a new school this next year

Posted September 26, 2013
My daughter attends Northridge Elementary. She had a difficult time transitioning being a new student. The staff at Northridge did a wonderful job helping her feel safe and secure. This year is her second year at Northridge and she is a thriving 6th grader.

Northridge Elementary School 4

Posted June 22, 2013
I'm a student of this school from some moons ago, in the 1990s. I'm told some of my teachers have retired, but others are still there. I remember nearly every grade as if it had special meaning. The classes were not that challenging, but I was also difficult to motivate. This school once cared a lot for the arts. Staff would help put on plays and a big performance at the end of the year. In 2nd grade, we did "Over the Rainbow" in sign language. My biggest gripe is not really their fault -- it's a public school. The teachers are inconsistent with the amount of attention they give, and they play favorites. For the parents that are unhappy about the lack of advanced classes: the school used to have a GATE program. And for years and years, I know at least one teacher discreetly gave a multiple choice math and science test to the kids. For the ones who did really well, she would pull them aside, and they'd get special classes after school. I visited years after I left and she was talking to her new advanced class, telling them not to say anything to anyone about it. I know I could have learned something from those sessions.

Posted February 11, 2013
My Son has been attending Northridge for a year and a half and we couldnt be happier with the school. The Teachers have been amazing, Staff friendly, and the extra activities and programs have been educational and fun. Were so glad we moved near Northridge Elementary School.

Northridge Elementary School 1

Posted November 16, 2010
I have had 3 kids in Northridge since 2006. We attended with the old principal and we have had the new one for a few years now. We are finishing out this year and then we are transfering. I have 2 more kids to get through elementary school. I agree with most of the poor comments about this school. There is no parent involvment. I volunteer at the school once a week. I hate having to go sign in at the office. The women who work in there are so completely RUDE! This is our 5th year at this school and one of the office ladies has yet to ever acknowledge me. i don;t even know her name. There is a lack of respect by some of the children-but the teachers wear jeans and tshirts everyday. What do they expect? What happened to dressing professionally, taking pride in your career, and passing that on to the children. There are absolutely NO programs for advanced children. My daughter who is in 8th grade now and has a 3.7 GPA just took a 6th grade review test for history and got a 60% on it!! Now they are english as a 2nd language school.

Posted November 02, 2009
I think Northridge is a wonderful school, working there for the last couple of years has been a rewarding experience. I believe that the staff does the best they can teaching, but I think what some parents have forgotten is that it is not the teacher's/staff's job to teach the children respect, manners and most of all kindness towards others. That is what they should be learning at home from their parents, the schools job is to continue that into the classroom and at recess. If we ALL work together then we will be able to help the children grow up to become productive and caring human beings.

5150 Cocoa Palm Way, Fair Oaks, CA  95628-3798
Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. (916) 867-2066
Last modified Northridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.