Posted December 29, 2011
My sons loves having the parents involved and the many field trips. He enjoys school at ovo

Posted August 10, 2011
This school has children whose parents care about their learning. From the amazing principal all the way to the students...everyone learns respect, that adults are here to help, and most of all a passion for learning more and more. The school has never focused on test scores yet their scores continue to prove the quality of this program.

Orangevale Open K-8 1

Posted June 14, 2011
I couldn't get my child out of OVO fast enough! The total lack of respect the kids have for other students and adults is unbelievable. The practice of students addressing teachers, faculty, and parents by their first names is just the beginning. The very expensive field trips are being subsidized to over 1/3 of the families by the other families, this would be ok if these 1/3 were lower income families, not so! The parents "involvement" is more like a social club instead of any actual classroom help. The expectations of the students is low compared to other schools in the district. I only hope the damage done to my child doesn't set her back too much at her new school.

Orangevale Open K-8 0

Posted October 13, 2010
Our school should be the new model for all schools. It is based on parent involvement and hands on learning- our kids know why you need to learn all that stuff! Parents are such an integral part that we are able to model community involvement and show that everyone can learn and has something to teach. People are unique, kids are people too!

Posted November 18, 2009
Our daughter has been in kindergarten for three and a half months so far and we are very happy we chose Orangevale. Lots of field trips, lots of hands on learning, lots of FUN so kids can't wait to keep learning. Kinder teachers are great!

Posted November 04, 2009
Fabulous program! The children really learn to love learning.

Posted September 10, 2009
Truly wonderful school that feels like home. Strong sense of community and excitment for learning.

Posted September 08, 2009
I attended OV from 5th grade with Kathy Foster (fantastic teacher) to 8th with Pete, Jim, Sharon, and Reni (also fantastic). I was there for both campuses and have to say I loved them both. My class was so close we were family! and the after school drama productions were some of my best memories. The Principal and teachers are so great compared to the other school I have attended, its outstanding! The middle school experience was so much better then all the other horror stories I heard from other Junior Highs (Carnigie). I have such great memories and friends I took away from that school, if someday I have children I hope to find a school for them as great as OV.

Posted August 18, 2009
Orangevale Open School picks up where others lack. There are many acitivities offered to the students such as drama, music, and art. Yes, there are some fees associated with this, but you do get what you pay for and Orangevale Open is top notch. They have plays every year where students are encouraged to be a part of. The field trips are very much hands on. Every childs' individual strengths are concentrated on. Sometimes I think my husband and I enjoy the school activities as much if not more than my daughter and she loves them! She is entering her second year at this school for fifth grade and this is the first time she is actually looking forward to going back to school. she is constantly asking me when she GETS to go back to school! What more could a parent as for??!!!

Orangevale Open K-8 0

Posted July 22, 2009
OVO is a great school for children who are conformist. If you have a child with talents that lay outside the scholastic realm, don't expect them to be fostered here. I refer to scientific, sports or art related abilities. There are no art classes, no sports teams and no science fairs like you had when you were a kid. Competition is discouraged in any form. While some feel this is a good thing, those of us with real life experience know that competition is a given. Learning to win and lose well is a valuable character trait. They don't learn it here. My child won awards for his artwork while at his previous school and came home w/ paintings and sculptures. He had a love for music and art. None of this is recognized at this school. If any of this is important to your child look elsewhere.

Orangevale Open K-8
5630 Illinois Avenue, Fair Oaks, CA  95628
(916) 867-2067
Last modified Orangevale Open K-8 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orangevale Open K-8 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top