Fair Oaks, CA

Posted November 18, 2014
I cannot speak highly enough about Will Rogers! From the moment I began here you could tell this was a special place - the teachers, the support staff, and yes, the students, were all very friendly and welcoming. The school climate is warm, positive, and very safe. As a parent of children that attended another very nearby middle school, and was never impressed with the school because of a variety of issues (safety, bullying, frequent fights, drugs, inappropriate sexual behavior & language), I can't wait for my youngest to start at WRMS! I had heard for years from families that were attending WRMS how happy they were with their child's experience here! This past spring I heard from a few of the teachers at Del Campo how our students seem to be better prepared for high school than students from the other school nearby! I am very impressed with the quality of teachers here - it is a fairly young staff that are very up-to-date with best practices and have seen some really terrific projects! Love the electives the kids get to choose from, too! I encourage parents to come and visit/tour our school first-hand and see for yourself what a great school it is!

Posted June 12, 2011
This year, WRMS had the sixth grade for the first time due to changes made district wide. I think that the school handled the new transition well. I have a very quiet and studious child, and she experienced no bullying or trouble from any of the kids there. I have heard nothing but bad things about the other middle school regarding how the girsl interact with each other. WRMS may not have the "high test scores" that the other district middle schools have, but it's a great school in my opinion, and the teachers and principal are all responsive and proactive in the kids' learning. I like the dress code, and I like that they have a diverse group of kids there.

Posted January 20, 2011
One of the most under-rated schools in SJUSD. State of the art equipment in each classroom. This is the only school I have ever heard that tested each student and teacher for their learning styles and paired those students with the teacher who taught how they will learn.

Posted October 23, 2007
Will Rogers School is excellent.

Posted January 03, 2007
This is my first year at Will Rogers and me and my friends love it. The teachers are nice and help you with any problems you have. Inside or outside of school. The staff takes their time to understand and sincerely cares. I think because they take the time to do this is why I went from being in average classes to honors classes. So don't just follow the stats when picking a school visit the school before judging it.

Posted August 31, 2006
Making a decision about which middle school our daughter would attend took lots of time and research. We involved her in the decision making process because one of our choices was the high achiever IB program at Churchill. At first she insisted on going there but only because her friends were going there. We had heard about the 'wonderful' programs, administrators and faculty at WRMS and we decided to attend a school tour, a few of their events and the parent info night. We were impressed! We made up our minds that WRMS was the best choice. Their API scores are low and they have not been meeting their growth targets. But we still feel today, the same way we did then, WRMS is an excellent choice. Our daughter is very happy and achieving above and beyond our wildest dreams.

Posted August 15, 2006
We had several choices for choosing a Middle School. After doing the research and attending several informational nites we chose Will Rogers because we felt the most welcome, the staff was attentive and explained the 'House Program' structure offered. The House program offers each student the house that suits their individual needs. My son is in 'Beach House' a unique house for high achieiver students with a requirement for parent participation. We have enjoyed the first year with the excellent teaching staff and administration. Monty, the principal is hands on and his teachers were approachable and easy to contact . My son has enjoyed several field trips and been involved in the activities offered. The school is focused on the students and their success. In choosing middle schools, Will Rogers was the best choice for us and should be a consideration for those looking for a quality school. Carmen Garcia Parent

Posted April 20, 2004
I think Will Rogers is a great school with lots of friendly teachers and students. I am a former student at this particular school and I would like to help gives it a good reputation. The seventh grade teachers are so determind to teach all of the students everything they know and much more! They are always willing to help. The after-school program is great too. This is definatly a school of character!

Posted November 22, 2003
We were attracted to Will Rogers because it is divided into six 'houses' of approx. 160 students each. Our son is in Beach House, which requires parent involvement and is the home of the 'high achiever program' as well as grade level 7th & 8th graders. Our son will have the same wonderful team of teachers next year, and we are very happy with this 'school within a school' approach in middle school. Our son feels very safe at Will Rogers, and when I asked him recently how he feels about going to a school where so many languages are spoken he said 'It's good because kids don't make fun of each other as much.' We are very pleased to have gotten into Will Rogers through open enrollment. It was the right choice for our son, and right now the front runner in our daughter's choice for next year. (Both like the indoor hallways and lockers too!) Great things are happening at Rogers, and class sizes are lower than average. Numbers (test scores) don't tell the whole story. Check out this wonderful school! I'm so glad I did.

Will Rogers Middle School
4924 Dewey Drive, Fair Oaks, CA  95628
Last modified Will Rogers Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Will Rogers Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top