PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)

St Mel School has been a wonderful school for my boys (we've been with St. M for 4 years ). We are very grateful for the leadership of the Principal, Janet Nagel. She supports her teachers, listens to parents and runs the school fairly. The teachers care about the students, and follow-up with parents when necessary. Academics are (of course) important, but the well-rounded school experience includes allowing ample free-play, library time, art and PE. I am impressed that the teachers and staff, (including the Principal) are available daily at drop off and pick-up. The school lunch program, after / before school extension program makes the school very efficient for our busy family. There are many activities like choir, sports and band available. St Mel School is a fantastic school!

St Mel school is AMAZING! The Principal, Mrs. Nagel is a dynamic and strong leader and her number 1 priority is our children and the performance of the school. We chose this school primarily because of the excellent presentation that was organized by Mrs. Nagel and because we feel that the teaching staff is very caring and talented. Our son loves the education that he is getting and has a great time attending school, he has made many friends. The parent involvement is great and there are many passionate staff and parents that team together to make this school such an asset. We have made many friends with other parents, and really appreciate the strong family community environment at this school. Not to criticize the public school system, but when we see what our son is learning and takes home with him, and we compare his education to other same age children that we know that are attending public schools, we see a pretty significant difference. I would highly recommend this school to anyone that wants to be more involved with their Childs education and is looking for a small family oriented and academically focused school.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is a fair amount, but certainly not unreasonable. I can see the benefits as a result of the homework they have

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is a major component and benefit of the school. Kids also learn to appreciate and show gratitude. Good etiquette is also developed

Our family has been at Saint Mel for the past 9 years. My kids are thriving both academically and socially. I love that we can celebrate Christmas and Easter. My children have a strong foundation both academically and spiritually. St Mel has many caring teachers that are willing to help students learn.

I have 5 kids. My oldest went through all 9 years at St. Mel's, graduated from Jesuit High and is now in college. He did well at St. Mel, and while he experienced some bullying throughout his years, it was handled well by teachers and the principal. I have another daughter who went through St. Mel and is now in high school. She was student body president in 8th Grade and did very well academically at St. Mel. My other daughter in 5th Grade at St. Mel and we have a Kindergartner at St. Mel. We are very satisfied with this school, the academics, the staff, the curriculum, the enrichment classes, the facilities, and overall genuine care and concern for our children. St. Mel's takes the "whole child" approach focusing on their spiritual and academic well-being. Academically, my kids are excelling and are prepared for college-prep high school. I look forward to another 9 years at St. Mel's :-)

I adore St. Mel School. My daughter was in their TK program and this fall our son will enrolled as well. The have a wonderful buddy system which helped my daughter to feel included in the school as a whole. There is a great culture fostered by an amazing faculty that makes every kid feel important and known. The play area has grass, a play structure including swings and there are gardening boxes we are looking forward to filling. Each student receives the individual attention important to a successful experience. In TK, my daughter never felt like she couldn't talk to her teacher if she was confused or frustrated. She also enjoyed PE, computer, library, music, art and all the other enrichment activities that are so important to total person education. Her spiritual growth has also been tended and she loved asking questions and attending mass with her big buddy. The last factor in St.Mel's favor is that the campus has a good energy to it. It feels like somewhere I want to be, and somewhere I want my kids to be. The principal and staff are amazing, and so helpful and open.

Amount of homework: Agree

TK gets one a day, none over weekends. This is perfect for her age and to develop good habits

I am in my 9th year at St. Mel (three children there). The school has fully prepared my 8th grader academically, spiritually and socially for high school. All of my kids have not only excelled in the classroom (and on all standardized testing), but St. Mel has provided them a safe place to learn and play. I know when I drop my kids off at school that they are happy and safe. As a parent I am always welcome on campus and have had any concerns address immediately by the principal, Mrs. Nagel. She is also on campus every morning and every afternoon greeting the parents and kids and they come and go! We are so pleased with our school! I am looking forward to the next 5 years.

This is our second year at St. Mel and it has been the best choice for our family. Starting with the principal, Janet Nagel, to the amazing teachers and staff, as well as Extension (after school program) and Summer school program, we constantly feel a sense of community. The faith families that range from TK through 8th grade, made such huge difference as my then Kindergartner quickly expanded her "friend network" to include kind and caring 6th-8th graders. I always feel like I have a voice, whether its regarding academic matters, school operations, or volunteer input. The academic standards are kept at a high level and the amount of parent involvement to ensure our school stays advanced technologically (amongst many other areas as well) has been very impressive. I have always been of the mindset that what you get out of something is directly correlated to what you put into it. I love volunteering at the school, my daughter loves having me there, and drawing upon the resources of long-time parents has been invaluable. One of my first experiences as new parent was having another mom come up to me at back to school night and ask if we were a new family. She then introduced herself and family, warmly welcomed us, and related to previously being a new family at the school. It was truly touching, and I have continued to pay forward the same warm welcoming I received.

Last modified St Mel School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8