PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Such a great school that does boundless things for the community and works well together as a body!

I have two children that attend St. Mel school. We started off in public school and my oldest son fell behind in reading. They have a resource class specialized for students that need extra help. They also offer Spanish and computer classes to all students. Everyone is very friendly and the St. Mel staff are always willing to assist . Most classrooms have a full-time teacher and a teacher's aide to assist in learning. The school also attends mass every Friday and gives students the ability to practice public speaking. It has been wonderful experience and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

We have been extremely happy at St. Mel School. I have been very impressed with the academic standards. There are programs for students who need to be challenged. There is help for those who need a boost of confidence and academic help. I have had two students graduate and one is currently attending St. Mel. My high schoolers were very well prepared for Catholic High School. The parents are very welcoming! I think it can be difficult to join a school and try to "fit in" with the parents because it is such a parent involved school. Our experience here has been great. It's too bad that the few parents who have had bad experiences can say hurtful things but that is their opinion. I do agree parents need to find a good fit for their kids and I would hope these upset parents are able to find a school that works for them. If you are looking for a nice community to welcome your children, I strongly recommend St. Mel. Mrs. Nagel has an open door policy and is always willing to talk about concerns or ideas. The staff is great as well. I am so happy we made the choice to send our kids to St. Mel!

St Mel school is AMAZING! The Principal, Mrs. Nagel is a dynamic and strong leader and her number 1 priority is our children and the performance of the school. We chose this school primarily because of the excellent presentation that was organized by Mrs. Nagel and because we feel that the teaching staff is very caring and talented. Our son loves the education that he is getting and has a great time attending school, he has made many friends. The parent involvement is great and there are many passionate staff and parents that team together to make this school such an asset. We have made many friends with other parents, and really appreciate the strong family community environment at this school. Not to criticize the public school system, but when we see what our son is learning and takes home with him, and we compare his education to other same age children that we know that are attending public schools, we see a pretty significant difference. I would highly recommend this school to anyone that wants to be more involved with their Childs education and is looking for a small family oriented and academically focused school.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

Never had a problem with our child

Supports LD students: Agree

They offer several accelerated programs to students who excel

St Mel School has been a wonderful school for my boys (we've been with St. M for 4 years ). We are very grateful for the leadership of the Principal, Janet Nagel. She supports her teachers, listens to parents and runs the school fairly. The teachers care about the students, and follow-up with parents when necessary. Academics are (of course) important, but the well-rounded school experience includes allowing ample free-play, library time, art and PE. I am impressed that the teachers and staff, (including the Principal) are available daily at drop off and pick-up. The school lunch program, after / before school extension program makes the school very efficient for our busy family. There are many activities like choir, sports and band available. St Mel School is a fantastic school!

Amount of homework: Agree

There is a fair amount, but certainly not unreasonable. I can see the benefits as a result of the homework they have

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is a major component and benefit of the school. Kids also learn to appreciate and show gratitude. Good etiquette is also developed

Our family has been at Saint Mel for the past 9 years. My kids are thriving both academically and socially. I love that we can celebrate Christmas and Easter. My children have a strong foundation both academically and spiritually. St Mel has many caring teachers that are willing to help students learn.

Last modified St Mel School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8