Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

All student needs are taken into account.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The Leadership from the administration is very good. There is a leadership team made up of admin and teachers and there is a student leadership team.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Character traits are a weekly focus for the students. Students are chosen as Student of the Month based on strong character traits.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers my children have had are absolutely fantastic.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The teachers are very fair about assigning homework.

I have a son who attended GVMS and now a daughter. The teachers are amazing and the administration is wonderful. Mrs. Cherry has the best interest of every student in mind in all decisions she makes. She is a kind, warm, person who wants all of the students to be successful.

My oldest daughter went to this school in 2011 and at the time I would have given it 5 stars when Mr. Hubbs was principal. Can't say enough good words about him and how he worked with my daughter and her needs. Always so patient and very respectable. Now...not so much. The new principal Ms. Cherry is awful. Not too sure how she even became principal in the school when she doesn't know how to listen. My daughter was accidentally hit in the eye by a student and when I asked Ms. Cherry what happened, all she did was accuse my daughter of being upset and telling her she needed to get over it and move on. Excuse my daughter Ms. Cherry for being upset that she got punched in the eye and was hurt from getting hit. Rather have a little empathy for a 12 year old girl who was clearly upset she got hurt and her glasses broken, Ms. Cherry did nothing but focus on accusing my daughter of not being able to get over the situation. Ms. Cherry I recommend you go back to school to learn some listening skills and maybe go to an attitude adjustment class as your hostile attitude towards my daughter was clearly unacceptable. My daughter did not deserve your hostility towards her. Had you tried to just take a second to try and listen, you would have realized my daughter never accused the other student of hitting her in the face on purpose, it was me, her mother, who just wanted to get a clearer understanding of how my daughter ended up getting hit in the eye and her new glasses getting broken. Unfortunately, I couldn't even get a word in as you were too busy raising your voice at my child. What a shame such an excellent school ended up with a bully of a principal.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

Bullying doesn't seem to be a big issue for us regarding students. Unfortunately the principal herself seems to be more a bully herself with how my daughter was treated.

Develops character: Disagree

My only issue is with the principal which is in my review. Other than that, this school would be highly recommended. Principal needs an attitude adjustment along with some much needed listening skills.

My son loves Mr. Morace's English 7 class. He always talks about how Mr. Morace makes the class fun and engaging. He looks forward to his class each day. I myself have found Mr. Morace to be an excellent teacher that loves what he does and shows interest in each and every student. He has gone above and beyond in keeping me abreast of information such as quizzes, exams, and has always found time to answer my emails. You can't get better than Mr. Morace! Thank you Mr. Morace for keeping our kids engaged!

Last modified Green Valley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.