Bad
Good

Posted September 17, 2015
Justine Turner is a great principal who really makes an effort to be one of the school community. No matter the event, you will see Ms. Turner there celebrating her students, and likely pushing a broom around the multipurpose room at the end of the night. As Oakbrook has grown in the last 6 years from a K-6 to a PK-8 the PTA and Staff have reached out to find new ways to teach our kids while incorporating Visual and Performing Arts into all curriculum. Ever wonder what Math and Art have to do with each other? Just ask a student who is learning ratios - they learn how to build a portrait based on ratios. Together with the PTA, the teachers, administration and staff at Oakbrook make it a welcoming place to learn, take academic risks and GROW!

Posted December 03, 2014
This school has been amazing, This is my sons first year, fifth and first grade. The teachers are exceptional, They love going to school every day. Huge difference from their previous school

Posted October 17, 2014
You have to come to this school, my son is in the 2 3 combo class , and he loves it.

Oakbrook Elementary School 2

Posted March 21, 2013
Mediocre teachers, staff and principal are friendly but don't enforce order at the school. I've witnessed staff and other parents being bullied by other parents and pta board members. I was disappointed that the staff tolerates the behavior and refuses to take action to make sure the school is a safe environment for all students. It takes multiple phone calls to get a response and when they do finally get back to you they are dismissive of concerns. Children freely come and go from classrooms even though all the doors are supposed to be locked.

Posted August 04, 2012
Oakbrook has been an amazing first school experience for both of my children. My older child has been fortunate enough to be placed with teachers who challenge him to be his best self - not expecting him to be the Model Student. WIth the support of his teachers he has qualified for the GATE program, and with some sadness he is moving on to the GATE Magnet next year. My younger child is entering 1st grade this year, and has told us she LOVES Oakbrook, and intends to graduate from this school, even if she is invited to the GATE program for 3rd grade :) We love Oakbrook - the principal, the teachers and the PTA are all resources that make this school extra special.

Posted March 06, 2012
Love this school! this is my daugther 2 yr and my son is looking foward to his kinder yr. The staff is awsome, good leadership, good educational skills .. We are very happy with this school:)

Posted December 15, 2010
I have had my daughter at this school for 2 1/2 years and will soon be having my son attending for the 2011-2012 school year, and I have to say I love this school and the staff. My first year at the school had a principal that was good, but the current principal goes above and beyond the call of duty. With our school losing PE, the principal takes each grade level to continue activities with them. When we lost our music program, another teach stepped up, taking her own time (not getting paid for it) to teacher choir after school for those children that wanted to learn. The PTA staff continues to bring in great assembly programs and events for both students and parents to participate in. During these hard economic times, I feel that the teachers/staff/principal/PTA board has gone above and beyond the call of duty to keep our kids in a good/safe/educational environment.

Posted December 15, 2010
Oakbrook is a slice of heaven in suburbia. My family has been going to Oakbrook for seven years. Even in these rough economic times for both families and schools, the parent volunteer and the teacher support at Oakbrook continues to stay high. The principal and the staff work together to make Oakbrook a wonderful place for our children to get their educational foundation in Cordelia.

Posted December 15, 2010
Oakbrook Elementary has been a wonderful experience for my daughter!!!! I love the teachers, staff, and all of the hard working parent volunteers that make Oakbrook a top notch school. I can not say enough good things about the current principal, she is one of a kind, and I have never seen or experienced a more involved principal. My son will be starting Oakbrook next year, and I can't wait for him to experience all that the school has to offer!!!

Oakbrook Elementary School 4

Posted July 09, 2010
I was impressed with the school, that is until they lost my daughter. I didn't know it was a half day, and she was in the office. My daycare provider came and got her, but the office wasn't aware that she left and called me to come and get her. One of the ladies (not the usual staff) made a "we had a lot of children to watch" comment...like she expected me to accept that as a valid reason for losing my kid. Fortunately, all the teachers have been great and that was the only event that really turned me sour towards to the school.

Oakbrook Elementary School
700 Oakbrook Drive, Fairfield, CA  94534-6841
Last modified Oakbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.