Posted August 15, 2013
I have got to disagree with some of the other reviewers. We moved to this district specifically to get into this school. While all districts have had budget cuts, this district and this school in particular have dealt with them unbelievably well. The teachers teach, but they are also available to the kids before and after school. The teachers have to have papers graded in a timely fashion and the entire district has an online grading system where parents can see grades and attendance-often before the kids get home from school. The classrooms/teachers have computers, smart boards and printers. They have an active library and librarian as well as a school nurse and 2 counselors. The principal and asst. principal are both very active in the school population and with parents. They even still have buses! As far as dealing with medical issues, my daughter has learning disabilities and they have bent over backwards for her-changing schedules, teachers calling me to see what they could do to help. Most teachers send out frequent emails advising parents of what is going on. Unlike many schools in the area, they still have extra-curricular activities including robotics and music.

Posted June 29, 2013
this school does very little to protect our children form bulling.I 've never had to deal with kids that have respect for anyone

Golden West Middle School 2

Posted January 17, 2013
I have been extremely disappointed in this schools attitudes with instilling confidence in childrens work. They do not bend in helping to meet the children halfway even when there are medical and social issues involved. It is overcrowded and budget cuts are remaining very problematic in California school system at our childrens expense and possibly even their futures. I have pulled my son out and put him in private education for the first time in his life due to becoming concerned of him falling in the the third of the student population who drops out of high school in the CA public education system on account of him just getting frustrated and feeling incompetent. He was failing his courses constantly yet scoring advanced on his STARS tests. The staff didn't seem concerned because his end of year testing was fine and he was a "bright and respectable student"!

Posted January 11, 2012
I currently am a student here and i think so far this school is one of the best middle schools here in fairfield because there isnt so much gang violence its very rarely when the principal has to call the campus police with his guard dog and check out somthing suspicious. So if your looking for a good middle school in fairfield i would reccommend you choose this one.

Golden West Middle School 3

Posted August 16, 2011
The school, I heard was a great school. My son attended in 7TH and 8th grade. I realized during the 8th grade that the budget cuts, although did not have a drastic affect on the school, it had an affect. He was not moved to Algebra I because, "there are too many students in the class"....well, that doesn't excuse it!! Upon review of the 2011 scores, I realize the scores decreased in EVERY area from the year prior-- not good at all.

Posted March 24, 2011
My child was a student of Travis Unified and then went to Golden west middle school for 7th and part of 8th grade. I must say that my child was a honor roll student but once she got to Golden West her grades dropped to there lowest...teachers mistreating the children to the point to where i filled a formal complaint and had to have the teacher apologize to my child PUBLICALLY...students being threatented by other students and the Vice Prin and Principal refuse to get a back bone and stop the maddness....even well after parents are involved...If you send your child to this school...BEWARE!!!!! Check on your child and the teachers frequently...i have since taken my child out of this school and within less than 60 days......SHE IS BACK ON THE HONOR ROLL!!!! Go figure!!!!! Principals have no backbone to help the children...the children are being mistreated by teachers...and the atmosphere is thick with tension amongst the children.....that campus needs revamping ASAP

Golden West Middle School 2

Posted June 03, 2009

Posted February 24, 2009
Golden West is failing to educate my child. The hype of being a good school has not manifested. I feel my child is being left behind and denied. I am disappointed! Don't believe the hype.

Posted January 11, 2009

Posted December 15, 2008
The Travis School District is a hidden secret in Fairfield. With 5 elementary schools, 1 middle, and 1 high it's a small district. However, the schools rate as high as Benicia schools. A major reason is the location in and next to Travis Air Force Base. It is attended by many military students and (I'm generalizing) they tend to be very disciplined and have parents that are involved in their education. That being said, Golden West is the best middle school in Fairfield. With API of 841 it obviously teaches its students well. We are very pleased with the school. The band program consistently wins high awards. Because the majority of students are bused from their neighborhoods, there are no kids hanging out after school causing trouble. The The teachers are excellent. My only issue is that there aren't more options for GATE students. They take the same courses as everyone.

Golden West Middle School
2651 De Ronde Drive, Fairfield, CA  94533
Last modified Golden West Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golden West Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top