Fairfield, CA
Before care: Yes

Solano Christian Academy 4

Posted September 04, 2014
We LOVE this school. My children came in as a 5th grader and a 7th grader. The school is beautifully diverse. The administration and staff are a wonderful mix of "old school" and "new school". The tuition fees are kept as low as possible and the school does fundraisers. They have "smart boards" in each classroom, a computer lab, and iPads for their technology class. They offer exposure in the fine arts as each year they put on a school pageant at the local theater, the students work on theater, etc twice a week, and they have a talent show each year. Mornings begin with praise and worship in the chapel. The teaching staff is fabulous and the administration works well with staff, parents, and students. They listen to any questions or concerns and respond promptly. The classes are smaller which works best for my children! This school is, in my opinion, an excellent alternative to traditional public school. SCA has a forever supporter in me.

Posted October 21, 2013
We decided on this school after doing research on a few other private schools. We liked the small class setting and family like atmosphere. This is our son's second year there and I can honestly say he is above grade level compared to other kids his age that attend other schools. He is very well mannered and is getting familiar with the Bible which is absolutely wonderful. We highly recommend this school to those seeking quality education at an affordable price.

Posted August 20, 2013
Solano Christian Academy has made enormous strides in the last two years changing from a mom and pop type of school (which was fine) to one that embraces the closeness of a small school but incorporates 21st tools like Epson projectors and iPads. They had an enrichment program now instead of just extended care too. The back to school red carpet event they had on the first day was a fabulous way to kick off the school year.

Posted May 27, 2013
I have been affiliated with Solano Christian Academy for 30 years. My two children back then went to the school and now their children attend. The teachers here all have degrees. Several with masters and many continuing to sharpen their skills. It has been a very positive experience for me and my family. Both of my children have completed 4 year college and SCA was the firm foundation that helped them to be successful .

Solano Christian Academy 1

Posted October 24, 2012
This is a horrible school the teachers are uncredentialed the administration is rude and unprofessional and the curriculum is so old. The school it self is so old and rundown and there are no extracurricular activities offered. There is no discipline given to children who are unruly and allowed to bully. When children leave this school and are placed into the public school system they are far behind due to the lack of teaching and at SCA. You do not get what you pay for !!!

Posted August 20, 2012
Our children have been attending Solano Christian Academy since 2002. Solano Christian Academy stands on over 30 years of proven educational success. The schools commitment to providing the highest quality educational experience is reflected in the standardized test scores that show students are consistently working at or above grade level in the core areas of education. Solano Christian Academy does not compromise their principals of morality, godliness, diligence, self-control, and perseverance for a monetary profit. SCA only employs the highest quality and most spiritually mature faculty, staff and administration. All of whom have been challenged to perform at the highest level of spiritual and academic excellence. All of the teachers use a highly effective curriculum to help children grow academically,socially, physically and spiritually. I invite you to our school website www.christianacademy.org for more information. Our family's experience has been wonderful. These past 10 years we have met life long friends and have had such a strong support system while raising our family. We have been truly blessed to have our children in such an amazing school.

Solano Christian Academy 1

Posted June 01, 2012
Solano Christian Academy is a horrible school. The teacher's are unaccredited, unprofessional, and old fashioned. They base their curriculum (core knowledge) on half knowledge and do not have the proper supplies to deliver the information effectively. The administrator has no experience in the education world and even the teacher's (not including Mrs. Gipson and Mrs. Q) who have been there 20+ years are rude and non-Christian like. If you are looking into this school please look more at the lack of current curriculum and credentials of the staff. They also treat their staff with very little respect and show a great amount of favoritism.

Solano Christian Academy 4

Posted March 12, 2010
I find that SCA's staff truly care and the curriculum is quite challenging. Like many schools these days (public and private) they do not have the money to have extracurricular activities, but that is more than made up for by their focus on academics and spirituality. I highly recommend them.

Solano Christian Academy 0

Posted April 15, 2009
My daughter had a great experience with SCA. We had to pull her out during 1st grade due to financial problems. She has been in public school for two years and the experience was good minus a few problems with the kids. We decided to re-enroll her into SCA. They gave her a great start in school. In fact she is reading two grades above her grade level. The only complaint I have is they don't have enough focus on athletics. For this, I tell the parents to register your kids in outside sport program...we did. She is very excited about going back and we can't wait.

Solano Christian Academy 2

Posted January 27, 2009
This is a great school for children grades k-5. 6Th grade and up, you're better off sending them to public school. The teachers do not know how to motivate the children. Our daughter had very good grades up until 6th grade. There are no extracurricular activities, so i don't see how that got a 3 star rating. I would strongly suggest only bringing your kids to this school up until middle school.

Solano Christian Academy
2200 Fairfield Avenue, Fairfield, CA  94533
Last modified Solano Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Solano Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top