Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

It is amazing what can happen in your child’s education when you get a group of likeminded together. My experience in the traditional school setting was that having a large range of philosophies on a child’s education didn’t create an optimum school environment. I have a 1st, 3rd and 5th grader attending. This is our 3rd year at FHA (Previously Iowa St.) we continue to enjoy being around dedicated teachers and parents. On the children’s level it amazes me how much they respect each other! Bullying and clickish behavior is not a factor which lets the kids enjoy their school day. Educationally, I’d say our test scores say all that needs to be said on that. We love this program so much we are hopeful that it will grow into a 7th and 8th grade program for our oldest in 2017-2018 school year

Fallbrook Homeschool Academy (Iowa Street) has been such an amazing alternative for our child. It is a part on campus, part homeschool program where children get the benefits of small class sizes, individual attention and a chance to thrive with the guidance of amazing teachers and us parents as teachers as well! I have spoken to many parents in the program who had children that were either sensitive and stressed in regular schools, or not being pushed as far academically or who simply wanted a much more involved role in their child's education than was offered elsewhere. My child counts down to Monday morning, she loves this school THAT much! FHA just tested highest in the district for English and second highest for math. If that doesn't speak volumes, I'm not sure what does! I am so happy we found FHA and will be enrolling my second child next year as well! Thank you Fallbrook Homeschool Academy!

This school is small; only 5 teachers. The atmosphere is caring and family like with older students intermingling (being a positive influence) with younger ones before/after school and at school events. The staff are all highly educated end experienced. My daughter's first year at "real school" aka kindergarden has so far been an absolutely extraordinary experience. She is so excited that she is starting to read and even more excited go to school everyday to see her teacher and friends.

I love that our school is committed to our children's education. We are a independent study program with 2 different options. My son attends school in the Core Program and goes to school 3 days per week. The other 2 days I teach at home. With this amazing program I am able to help him progress in his education without over bearing his brilliant little mind with too many hours inside of a classroom. The world is our classroom!

Awesome program!!! It does take parent involvement. The proof is in the pudding, look at the test scores, look at the children's faces, look at the staff. We are not only a traditional home schooling program, we are more! People often say It takes a special kind of person to homeschool. Here at Iowa Street, as a parent you learn to be that special type of parent. You are guided, supported, and trusted by other parents and an amazing staff! I think the fact that when my son does his work he is not given it back a week later, when he has forgotten what he did. He instead has a personal teacher (me) who reviews his work with him right away. His misunderstandings of a subject is addressed right away. We all learn in different manners. So instead of having to do work in a way that isn't comprehendible or helping a student, a parent can adapt the teaching style. I am not a teacher! This is why the core program benefits us. We are given curriculums that work together what is done in the classroom, and there is always help available. I am hooked on being part of my son's learning, being part of a solution to a better education!

Great school because the parents HAVE to be involved in the child's education. There are no students that lag behind or cause disruption because they all have decent parenting. The teachers are competent, the curriculum is fine, classes are small. If you have the time, this is a good choice for Fallbrook.

I love this school, my daughter starts two weeks before Thanksgiving and they were very welcoming. The principal is very nice and willing to help. He is very involved and knows the student. He is also very approachable. The teachers are good too. The 8th graders had a difficult year but the school was able to handle it successfully.

My daughter is now in the 7th grade, my son graduated from this school last year and has now gone on to high school. The skills he learned at this school have put him ahead of his peers, especially in writing. The school has a great community of parents and teachers working WITH each other to give their kids the best education. It has the standards of a private school with the benefits of homeschooling and public school all combined. I've seen at this school that ALL children are met at their level and given the attention and resources needed to be their best.

Iowa Street School is really two schools. One is the regular "classic" home school program, the other is called the "Core" program which consists of 2 days home schooling and 3 days in a classroom. I have used both schools and highly recommend both programs. If you would like to home school, the support, encouragement and resources of the classic program are invaluable. If you would like a mixture of a traditional classroom and home school, Core is for you! I must say that Mrs. Turley and Mrs. Fieri really know how to take a child from their current level and push them to excellence. I am amazed working closely with both how much time, energy, and love they both exhibit. They are both master teachers and your child would do well to work with them!!!! I have had a less then stellar experience with several of the other teachers, but feel I can help propel my children to excellence with the days they are home. If you feel you have the time and patience to try a home school or partial home school environment, you could not get a better support staff then either of these schools!

This school has some great teachers. All parents are involved with homeschooling their own children and some even volunteer for school events. Many children are welcome at Iowa Street School. Maybe yours will be among them!

Last modified Fallbrook Homeschool Academy (FHA) is a Public school that serves grades K-9