Posted November 06, 2014
This school is small; only 5 teachers. The atmosphere is caring and family like with older students intermingling (being a positive influence) with younger ones before/after school and at school events. The staff are all highly educated end experienced. My daughter's first year at "real school" aka kindergarden has so far been an absolutely extraordinary experience. She is so excited that she is starting to read and even more excited go to school everyday to see her teacher and friends.

Posted May 16, 2013
I love that our school is committed to our children's education. We are a independent study program with 2 different options. My son attends school in the Core Program and goes to school 3 days per week. The other 2 days I teach at home. With this amazing program I am able to help him progress in his education without over bearing his brilliant little mind with too many hours inside of a classroom. The world is our classroom!

Posted April 16, 2013
Awesome program!!! It does take parent involvement. The proof is in the pudding, look at the test scores, look at the children's faces, look at the staff. We are not only a traditional home schooling program, we are more! People often say It takes a special kind of person to homeschool. Here at Iowa Street, as a parent you learn to be that special type of parent. You are guided, supported, and trusted by other parents and an amazing staff! I think the fact that when my son does his work he is not given it back a week later, when he has forgotten what he did. He instead has a personal teacher (me) who reviews his work with him right away. His misunderstandings of a subject is addressed right away. We all learn in different manners. So instead of having to do work in a way that isn't comprehendible or helping a student, a parent can adapt the teaching style. I am not a teacher! This is why the core program benefits us. We are given curriculums that work together what is done in the classroom, and there is always help available. I am hooked on being part of my son's learning, being part of a solution to a better education!

Iowa Street School 4

Posted September 16, 2012
Great school because the parents HAVE to be involved in the child's education. There are no students that lag behind or cause disruption because they all have decent parenting. The teachers are competent, the curriculum is fine, classes are small. If you have the time, this is a good choice for Fallbrook.

Posted May 07, 2012
I love this school, my daughter starts two weeks before Thanksgiving and they were very welcoming. The principal is very nice and willing to help. He is very involved and knows the student. He is also very approachable. The teachers are good too. The 8th graders had a difficult year but the school was able to handle it successfully.

Posted September 12, 2011
My daughter is now in the 7th grade, my son graduated from this school last year and has now gone on to high school. The skills he learned at this school have put him ahead of his peers, especially in writing. The school has a great community of parents and teachers working WITH each other to give their kids the best education. It has the standards of a private school with the benefits of homeschooling and public school all combined. I've seen at this school that ALL children are met at their level and given the attention and resources needed to be their best.

Posted May 02, 2011
Iowa Street School is really two schools. One is the regular "classic" home school program, the other is called the "Core" program which consists of 2 days home schooling and 3 days in a classroom. I have used both schools and highly recommend both programs. If you would like to home school, the support, encouragement and resources of the classic program are invaluable. If you would like a mixture of a traditional classroom and home school, Core is for you! I must say that Mrs. Turley and Mrs. Fieri really know how to take a child from their current level and push them to excellence. I am amazed working closely with both how much time, energy, and love they both exhibit. They are both master teachers and your child would do well to work with them!!!! I have had a less then stellar experience with several of the other teachers, but feel I can help propel my children to excellence with the days they are home. If you feel you have the time and patience to try a home school or partial home school environment, you could not get a better support staff then either of these schools!

Iowa Street School 2

Posted December 03, 2010
This school has some great teachers. All parents are involved with homeschooling their own children and some even volunteer for school events. Many children are welcome at Iowa Street School. Maybe yours will be among them!

Posted June 07, 2010
I love,love,love this school. My son is challenged and learning and improving daily from his previous school. The teachers and staff are extremely accessible and it is a great enviroment for learning. Next year we will grow into Maie Elllis and it will be great. We have the best of both worlds, home school 2 days a week and regular school 3. A great concept that works.

Posted June 02, 2010
We are thrilled with Iowa Street School! My fourth grader is in the CORE program and he is thriving academically. At his old school he often wanted to stay home and didn't like school, but now he's very excited about learning and never wants to miss a day. We're so glad to have found this program and plan to keep him enrolled through the eighth grade.

Iowa Street School
400 West Elder Street, Fallbrook, CA  92028
Last modified Iowa Street School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Iowa Street School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top