Felton, CA

San Lorenzo Valley Elementary School 5

Posted August 12, 2012
The principal is very professional and the teachers are outstanding. SLVE and BCE are the best schools in SC county.

Posted October 17, 2010
Not only do they get good marks with academic scores, but more importantly, they foster the creative process and encourage play within their teaching environment.

Posted October 03, 2009
San Lorenzo Valley Elementary has a great community spirit with parents,teachers,administrators,and students all participate in the success of the school. We live in a small and diverse community in a beautiful and unique setting.

Posted October 03, 2009
This is a great school because there are dedicated staff who often will spend their own money to advance their class activity. There is also a nature class and gardening class. They put forward an excellent TV broadcast with the students doing the local news and entertainment.

Posted March 29, 2009
I attended SLVUSD beginning in 1966 and graduated from UCLA. My 4 children have attended from 1990 to the present; 3 in college, 1 a junior at SLVHS, and we all LOVE this school. I have won parent-of-the-year award and my older 3 children have each returned to coach. Community involvement is excellent, academics and extra-curricular activities are well-established, the staff is exceptional, and the groungs are gorgeous with an all weather trank and 1st rate aquatics center. I believe our children are safe and super sound, and I am grateful in everyway to SLV.....GO COUGARS !!

San Lorenzo Valley Elementary School 4

Posted March 09, 2009
My kindergartender is having a wonderful year in her combined kinder/first grade class. Her teacher is creative, intelligent, and hard-working. I hope she continues to enjoy school as much as she has thus far at SLE. Oh, did I mention she is learning a great deal too?

San Lorenzo Valley Elementary School 3

Posted December 27, 2008
The school dotes on the fact that it is a CA distinguished school. However, it is a distinguished school in a state that is rated the lowest, so really it is just average. I have had problems with the teachers 'just doing their time' and not challenging the students. My daughter was not challenged at all until 4th grade when she finally got a teacher that cared and noticed her abilities. Most teachers are gone after they hear the bell which makes it difficult for parents to contact them after hours. My son is constantly made a example of even though there are medical reasons for his behavior. Grammer and spelling (especially spelling) are ignored subjects. Too many field trips, not enough class time. The principal spends too much time trying to be friends with the kids. Overall, an average school, nothing extraordinary.

San Lorenzo Valley Elementary School 4

Posted February 13, 2008
My fifth grader came to SLE from a private school. Upper elementary classes are large, but parents recieve a lot of information about student progress. The staff is friendly and my son has a great 5th grade teacher who is very encouraging. The school tends to have parent meetings that are very inconvenient for working parents (usually in the afternoon when I cannot come). Otherwise, it is a decent school with a pleasant environment.

San Lorenzo Valley Elementary School 5

Posted June 08, 2007
SLE is a great place to be....it's our slogan and it's true. My daughters have been going to SLE since Kindergaten and are now entering 4th & 5th grade. Overall, the school is just great. Teachers are great, programs, campus. I feel totally confident in sending my kids on the bus every morning. We just got a huge Technology grant, we have a brand new building going up right now to add more classrooms, & a new playground. I would highly recommend SLE...it's gets an A+ in my book:)

San Lorenzo Valley Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2006
Kindergarten through 3rd grade were a wonderful experience. Classes were smaller and teachers, very professional and caring. Once class sizes went up in 4th through 6th grade, learning declined and teachers energies are more towards discipline and working with the 'mischief makers'. There is a lot of 'talk' from administrators and not a lot of action. I would not recommend this school to anyone who takes their child's education seriously. Especially in their later years.

7155 Highway 9, Felton, CA  95018
Last modified San Lorenzo Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Lorenzo Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top