K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter was bullied on a regular basis by several boys. One boy even choked her. She told school officials what happened but nothing was done. She now has nightmares and exhibits signs of PTSD. This happened several years ago, and she still has anxiety about her time at Phoenix.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

They refuse to do anything about the bullying

This school has major problems with bullying and not dealing with bullies. I was severely bullied over there during elementary school several years ago. The bullies punched , choked , kicked, hit and threatened to kill me. One of them even chased me with an axe (off campus) . When I notified the teachers about this, they refused to help. I also found out later that several children in my grade at the time left due to the bullying. I definitely don't recommend this school to anyone due to the severity of the bullying and the incompetence of the staff to deal with bullying. Don't send your child to school here!

As a parent who has had their child at this school for several years, I can share what I believe are the good and bad points. The good points are that this is a great K-2 program. After that, the benefits dramatically go down. We did not see a holistic approach to education but rather a strong focus on pure academics. I will say that there are some very dedicated teachers, which is why we gave the 5 stars. Also, this school has had turned over three principals since we have been here and they still have not replaced the last one. Finally, we gave an average score on parent involvement as some teachers excelled in this area and others did not.

I'm commenting on my specific parent experiences at the The phoenix schools. My experiences were specifically in Folsom & the school in El Dorado Hills that was shut down. I can say that this is NOT a place you would want to trust with your children. The private company that took over the school a few years ago has completely & without a doubt let the teaching & more importantly the leadership staff & facilities become run down & have cut expenses like lunches & in the quality of the staff they employ. I've seen first hand arguments with parents where teachers disregard parents requests for care of their child. I've seen teachers who were "let go" after incidents that shocked & surprised me relating to child care. Teachers using their cell phones while "supervising" classes. Believe me you DO NOT want to consider this school as they are obviously experiencing serious financial issues, and they lack the ability to prioritize child care over money. They are not willing to spend any money on quality employees, let alone update their toys and learning tools for children. They are interested in 1 thing which is & in now way consider your child's needs or care in any way.

A great private school education! I have no complaints! The new principal has made many tremendous improvements to the school - including new security measures/telephone in each room/television in each room. The teachers are happy and dedicated. The school curriculum contains music,technology and art on a regular basis. The after school programs include taekwondo, chess, gymnastics, choir, cooking and even rainbow looming for the little ones! Everyone, including the librarian, is friendly and courteous, must especially mention Rhonda and the other ladies at the front desk, who makes my day by greeting me with enthusiasm and a smile every time. Parent involvement is also significant. Very impressed with this school. Keep up the great job!

I enrolled my fifth grade son at Phoenix for several reasons but the main reasons were for writing and smaller class size. Prior to this year he hated writing! Writing was the cause of most of our homework and school troubles. Now he looks forward to writing and his writing skills have grown tremendously. I am amazed at the difference. I plan on keeping him enrolled through 8th grade. We are really liking the smaller classes and more individualized instruction he receives. I wish my two older children had been able to receive the same level of instruction.

I love the teachers at this school! There is an open door policy, meaning I can stop in at any time to observe my child in class, as well as any other grade I am interested in. Each and every time I have observed there are meaningful lessons being taught, the students are engaged and the teacher shows genuine care and concern for all the students. I love knowing that my child is cared for by such personable, kind, and sensitive teachers and staff. The class sizes are small enough for the teachers to get to know every single child personally and differentiate the curriculum based on the child's learning style. The effort it takes to be a teacher and care about someone else's child as much as these teachers do is recognizable and commendable. Thank you Phoenix Teachers!

The students, parents and staff are amazing at the Phoenix Elementary school!!! With small class sizes (average of 16-18 students per class) and current curriculum that follows the common core standards, students are getting an amazing experience! Each classroom is equipped with a flat screen tv or a projector to integrate technology into the student s daily lessons. Students participate daily in specialty classes taught by specialty teachers- this includes art, library, music, p.e, technology, Spanish, yearbook, and media. I feel privileged to be teaching at school that provides such high quality education!

Not recommended at all, this school has no communication between the teachers to the school office, very poor origination, my son was in the school for one week and we have to pull him out since we are so disappointed with the school. We signed my son for all the activities, but they didn t take him to the field trip or the mini camp, even though I triple checked with the clerks in the front desk to make sure that my son was on the entire list for all the activities. But he was left in the classroom twice, I wonder when the teacher had the list on the hand and didn t count the kids to make sure all the kids are there or not? My son was very sad of his experience of this school, all he said about this school was: they forgot me. And the kids are bully there, teacher seems take it too easy on the bully kids.

Last modified The Phoenix School is a Private school that serves grades K-8