Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Administration does NOTHING at this school. My child has had issues with one teacher and it has effected his entire life. He has fallen into depression, and is failing. (He has NEVER failed before) The counselor does not help, nor does the schools psychologist. When my child was bullied, the bullies were only pulled into the office and questioned, no consequences. Plus, they were actually defended- the VP stating, "they said they were only joking around". Sutter relies on its reputation, and waiting lists. It is a "sink or swim" environment- if your kid can't hack it-too bad. I think that kids at this age still need an occasional adult to throw a life preserver if they are drowning, not just those that look away and pretend it is not there. If your child is at all quiet, and keeps to themselves, this is NOT a good school to send them too.

Sutter Middle School is great place to send your kids for a quality education. My son and daughter have outstanding teachers who love what they do. Wonderful music and athletic programs. I have been a parent at Sutter for three years and all my children's teachers have been great and approachable.

Sutter Middle School may be older (it's the original Folsom High School) but has a modern curriculum and a wonderful music program.

The teachers are not very concerned about development of the children. I feel like they are there just to give a pass or fail grade. I've made complaints about a particular teacher via email where I included the principal and advisory counselor to make them aware. .. but I never received a response. Our family has traveled and our kids have had to transition into many different schools. This school by far. .. is the worst.

I am an adult woman who attended Sutter Middle in the 8th grade. My family was poor and I had a very rough adolescence. The school staff are incompetent and handle bullying poorly. The vice principal cursed me out in his office and made fun of me for having facial piercings/dressing weird. He's a bully to children that are different and abuses his power (or at least did for the time that I attended). One day I wore jeans to school that had holes in the knees and thighs. I was asked to go home. When I brought up the argument that popular female students wore VERY short shorts and lowcut tanks on Spirit Day, I was told to be quiet and just go home. I was completely ostracized at this school and my experience contributed to my depression and poor self-image. I was bullied so horribly about my weight (though I weighed only 125 pounds) that I developed an eating disorder. School staff never did anything, and seem to only care about the ideal students who have wealthy parents. Don't send your child to this school!

most bad school ever.My son came homr crying every day due to bulling issues.I will never recommend anybody going to this school.The principle ignores bulling and fighting issues.The teachers are always on their phone texting rather then teaching students.And principle is always on the phone too! Please dont send your child here in this school.

My daughter has always been anxious about transitions at each grade level so I became anxious as well knowing she would be starting a new middle school. I am very happy to say she has loved it since the first day of school. The principal is fantastic! I love how she goes out and walks the kids herself across the crosswalk. She is always extremely positive which I believe is contagious!

Front office staff is rude, unhelpful. I enrolled my son to start riding school bus home. He asked office which bus to catch (I had emailed the transportation department several times.. never got a response), the office staff said I don't know, and would only point to a map on wall. I had called office to let them know, no response and he needs to know where to go. He missed his bus two days in a row, (I work in sacramento, so he had to wait an hour out front each time) As it turns out the bus picks up from back of building. When we did pick up after school, kids run every where, even inbetween cars and parents actually pick them up in the middle of the road. Telephone call to principle, leads to another unreturned call. Appearently the vice principle is out front at pick up time also per person taking message.. As far as teachers, just average, nothing above and beyond, but also uneventful, nothing to report.

My son just finished 6th grade at this school. He had a wonderful year and was challenged in the preAP classes. His teachers were always in communication with me when needed. I am so happy with the music program-rated as one of the best nationwide. He will also be in the year long Spanish elective next year. A downside is that the facilities are old when all the other schools in Folsom are new and look better.

This is a very bad school if you ask a parent. Teachers and principal don't reply your e mails. You can't schedule an appointment with the Principal as she is too busy with other things. Believe me I have waited for almost a month but still she is not meeting me. Teachers are busy with their private life problems and don't bother teaching at class. Vey bad administration.

Last modified Sutter Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.