Public charter
Folsom, CA
After care: No

Posted December 06, 2011
I have homeschooled my children using other programs, but we never felt we had a good balance of independence and guidance. This program is amazing! The teachers and staff are very helpful and respectful of my teaching style. All of the books are provided and it is encouraged that we work at our own pace, usually faster. I have incorporated a lot of projects, fieldtrips, and independent studies with the lesson plan. I must admit, I haven't taken advantage of the workshops, field trips, or library of books and dvds. But I plan to!

Posted April 08, 2010
This is my first year as a homeschool parent and we had the most amazing experience! My only regret is that I did not do this earlier for for our son. In these economic times it became quit clear to me that I could not put my child's education into the hands of others . The staff here, what can I say, are the absolute, top notch ,best of the best! If anyone wonders about homeschooling, I say , go for it! It's a little scary at first , but as parents we are our childrens's first teachers.There are so many social groups out there to get involved with that we are busier than ever.

Posted January 29, 2010
FCCS provides the best education possible for our high-achieving child. Our son is highly gifted, several grade levels above his peers, but is also very social and wants to interact with children his age. Our school in EDH couldn't meet his needs, and none of the private schools could, either. At FCCS, we are given tremendous resources to engage him in exciting studies at his level, closely work with certified teachers who've come from the top schools, and socialize several times a week through fascinating (optional and free) workshops and field trips. This charter also provides many more resources than the others. It is truly the perfect combination of classroom socialization and individualized education to foster a child's love of learning and encourage his full potential.

Posted April 27, 2009
We are very happy with Folsom Charter. This is our second year & we couldn't ask for better. The teachers & staff are terrific.

Posted March 20, 2008
FCCCS offers a wonderfully supportive staff, stimulating workshops, field trips, extensive curriculum, and a committed community of homeschooling families. The students come to the homeschooling enviornment for a variety of reasons: to find a greater academic challenge, so families can more closely monitor their children's education, to provide more one on one instruction for children who need it, and many other reasons. The staff at FCCCS honor and assist with all these needs, while maintaining high academic standards and encouraging student performance. My son is several chapters ahead of his former traditional classroom and has been able to study additional subjects over the course of the year, and is really enjoying the experience.

Posted February 02, 2006
This is an excellent alternative to the traditional classroom. You can homeschool your child with the support of a credentialed teacher and use state approved textbooks. There are classes for the students to take almost every day, so there is plenty of socialization. Worth looking into!

Posted August 16, 2005
This is an awsome combination of homeschool and classroom teaching. You have several options to take classes if that is what you desire or to simply homeschool. You have a wounderful support system.

Folsom Cordova K-8 Community Charter School
715 Riley Street, Folsom, CA  95630
Last modified Folsom Cordova K-8 Community Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Folsom Cordova K-8 Community Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top