Folsom, CA
Students enrolled: 1,219

Posted August 21, 2014
My child attends FMS and has since 6th grade. The academic experience in 6th and 7th grade was positive under the direction of Principal Chris Aland. However, Mr. Aland has moved on and FMS has a new principal - John Bliss. Mr. Aland was a very involved principal and sincerely demonstrated his love and devotion towards the children who attended FMS. Thus far, I am not impressed with Principal John Bliss. My child is now in 8th grade and thus far has been exposed to the most terrible academic experience to date. There is NOT ONE teacher who has proven capable of completing their "job". One of the teachers changes documentation and directions on how to complete her projects "daily". Not only that, she demands her students follow her directions to the letter. As a parent, I'm active in my child's education - and I can't even keep up with her amount of written material, not to mention to lack of consistency when it comes to directing and educating her students. I'm glad this is the last year my child will "have" to attend this school.

Folsom Middle School 4

Posted August 06, 2014
I am going to be an 8th grader in FMS. The school is overall above average, most of the teacher are kind and eager to teach, but I heard that this year some teachers are going to leave, so I was a bit worried because since next year there will be a huge pack of six-graders coming in. the kids are ok.

Posted November 14, 2013
I am a parent of two children. Our children both struggle with mild learning disabilities. The teachers ALL band together like cops if you begin to complain about them and they will mistreat and passive aggressively take it out on the kids. They preach parent involvement, but when you get involved and ask questions like just trying to get details about homework assignments - they will put in on the kids saying that the kids should already know this. The poor principal has to be the one to enforce everything and the teachers do not support him either. The only thing these teachers do is respond to formal complaints. This year they were charging for text books in a Special Education English class and then we found out that they were not allowed to do this per California and Federal laws. Money was refunded. There is no oversite and accountability and it shows in the teachers' attitudes and actions.

Folsom Middle School 3

Posted May 17, 2013
I have two children who have attended FMS. I find the administration to be unwelcoming and rude which is unfortunate since many times this is the first impression. When you walk into the office there is no one at the counter to greet you and the people that are in the office don't even look up. I have been happy with many of the teachers however when my student began having academic struggles during 8th grade we did not receive support from teachers or counselors. We were told students were expected to struggle and unless they had an F there was no need to worry. As long as your child is an independent worker and does not need anything above and beyond what is provided during classtime they will be fine at Folsom Middle.

Folsom Middle School 4

Posted November 09, 2012
This school is quite lively, most of the teachers are very kind, and can teach your child well. To balance out the work, and fun, Folsom Middle School often has many rallies, or musical performances to keep your child motivated. There are some rude kids, however there is guard duties to check for bullies, etc.The source of food is varied, however, some meals, after being eaten over and over again, can be very unhealthy. The vice principal, and principal often go around the school at lunch, and passing periods to check for any misbehavior. Overall, this school is above average.. 4 stars.

Folsom Middle School 5

Posted September 25, 2011
I currently go to FMS. There are some rude people, but this is a much better school than one you would find in Sacramento. Believe me, I'd know. I'm in seventh grade. Sixth grade was fun. The teachers were nice. At first, the PE was horrid, as it differs from an elementary school's PE, but once you get used to it, it becomes a breeze. There are some good teachers, some bad. I'd recommend you go to Mrs. Mohler's science for seventh grade. She's fun and nice and exciting. Ocassionally, you'll get a grumpy teacher, but almost all the teachers are amazing. I agree with the other reviews though. Administration is not good. They don't know much. They tried to be helpful, but they were kind of rude to my mother, and didn't help very much.

Posted August 06, 2010
stinks not the best school i hate it mean teachers i hate it i hate it!

Folsom Middle School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
I am very disappointed with this school. The administration is rude and they aren't very welcoming to new students.

Folsom Middle School 5

Posted August 18, 2009

Folsom Middle School 2

Posted August 12, 2009
Poor math teachers and bad administration.

Folsom Middle School
500 Blue Ravine Road, Folsom, CA  95630
Last modified Folsom Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Folsom Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top