Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have put my kids thru this school. My son is graduating this year and my daughter currently attends D.W Long. It has great teachers a lot parents help with the P.T.O and it is clean. I have no issues but the picking up and dropping off. Every school is the same so there is no issue. This school focuses on reading my kids have learned a lot. Thanks for everyone that makes this school fantastic!

Concerned teachers and staff. Push the children to be and do better, while also encouraging well rounded activities and fun for the kids.

I read another parent's review about picking up children is a nightmare. Yes, that can be true. It's usually due to the fact that parents are usually impatient, inconsiderate of others, and not following the rules. Come on parents...our children are watching us and looking to us for guidance. That being said, every school is busy at drop off/pickup. If you wait ten minutes most of the traffic will be gone. The school and its administrators are NOT responsible for parents actions.

Unfainess is very common everywhere, and when you least expect it, teachers leaving children unatended to cover other asigments is not good at all. Anyway, picking up your kid is a NIGHTMARE.

It all depends on which teacher you get. If you have an issue with anything, though, go to the principal, not the assistant principal.

My girls loves their school. Teachers are great, very knowledgable, and surely cares for the students. Mrs. Alexander is the best principal ever.

Overall...I think Long is a good school...The administrative staff is excellent and have an open-door policy and have always presented themselves as respectful and caring. I have however, have encountered some teachers that were not as caring. I know teachers have a tough job. I have had two children attend this school, one of which is there now. My experience has been this: Those teachers with good classroom management skills....my kids have thrived.....those with poor management skills.....my kids had a bad year and their grades and self-esteem suffered.

my daughter has been attending since kindergarten and is going into third grade August 2010. My daughter went through 4 different teachers in 2nd grade, was making perfect grades all this time until recently her grades dropped dramatically. The teachers were not very helpful in explaining why and her teacher gave students in her class full credit for late assignments my daughter has NEVER turned in anything late and yet she gave her low grades in several subjects. There is a lot of unfairness going on at this school on the part of teachers, parents not as involved as they could be, mediocre all the way around they are doing away with classroom size reduction in grades 1-4, knocking down walls to make bigger classrooms again and letting go of valuable teachers I'm getting out of California for the sake of my children!

I absolutely love this school and its teachers. The teachers are knowledgeable in all areas and are very caring of their students. All of my children's teachers have gone out of their way to help my kids reach their highest potentials. It's obvious that these teachers are of the highest quality!

This school offers many extracurricular activities and encourages parental participation. Unfortunately, not all teachers have a strong knowledge of content or research-based pedagogical practice. Therefore, you need to monitor your child's performance even more closely throughout the year.

Last modified David W. Long Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.