Posted January 30, 2014
I have kids going this school but look for other place. School staffs are good but the principle has no commonsense & doesn't really care for students. We do not want to ruin our kids life here.

Cecilia Lucero Solorio Elementary School 4

Posted August 06, 2013
The Good: My son has had FANTASTIC kindergarten and first grade teachers! In fact, I've never heard a complaint about any of the teachers from other parents. The school has many activities to make it feel like a community, i.e. Father/Daughter, Mommy/Son Dances. They have a good selection of library books, which each class goes to weekly. If I have a criticism, its that English speakers aren't given the opportunity to learn Spanish. Critical for any Californian's future employment potential. The bad: My nephew attended 1st grade here 3 years before my son. Unfortunately, he had a very impatient teacher, new to the school, who refused to implement the behavior modification tools recommended by the school counselor to deal with his admitted "oddities." His mom had several meetings with the Principal, and felt heard. But the teacher didn't change. My nephew was an outcast to his classmates as a direct result of the teacher's unwarranted critical treatment. But guess what? They got rid of her. She was not back at the school the next year, despite her valiant efforts to recruit parents to petition for her. That's what gave me some confidence to send my son there 3 years later.

Posted January 10, 2013
My sons time at this school were the worst two years of his life. The principal doesn't care about anything except test scores. This is evidenced by the creepy chant she has the students do every Friday where the API score is chanted over and over. Teachers push the children through concepts, not really caring as to whether or not they children learn anything. It's all about meeting the state standards. I'm sure that the teachers are fine,however given the emphasis placed on API scores and getting through material, they don't stand a chance of actually making sure the students are understanding material.

Posted September 12, 2011
My son is in 4th grade & my daughter is in 2nd grade. We love the school & the staff. The teachers genuinely care about their students. Solorio is filled with school spirit! They are one of the few schools that still offer extra-curricular programs in the area of performing arts too! Go Tigers!

Posted October 06, 2010
my son is in this school and I will like to say if I had a chance to move him I will do it in no time because some teacher are self fish.

Posted August 07, 2009

Cecilia Lucero Solorio Elementary School 1

Posted September 09, 2008
I just moved to the area becuase I heard about how good Etiwanda district is. my son is in 3rd grade after 2 weeks of school he was moved to a combo class with the 2nd grade. this is very dissappointing. my son is very competitive and just afraid he will loose the interest of going to school with the 2nd grader. I talked to the principal, she is just concerned about the state funding and doesn't care about the effect of joining kids tat different level .can you tell me how can you teach two curriculum at the same class!

Cecilia Lucero Solorio Elementary School 0

Posted August 29, 2008
it is an outstanding school my Daugther just finish 5th grade and my son starting kindergarten we had a very good experience with the staff members we have been in this school since 2nd grade and my daugther loved it thank you teachers for all the wonderful job you do with the kids. tiger's here we go!

Posted July 18, 2008

Cecilia Lucero Solorio Elementary School 0

Posted June 18, 2008
My daughter attends Solorio (she'll be in the 3rd grade and started there in kindergarten- in 2005) and it is an awesome school. The teaching staff are great and you can tell that they really care about their students. I volunteer there and the teachers and staff make me feel appreciated for the work that I do. (another poster stated that their daughter wasn't aloud to check out books that were higher than her grade level. This was the opposite for my daughter. Her teachers encouraged her to check out higher grade level books, the teacher is probably able to determine which level of books are appropriate for each student). Also they are really big on school spirit and the kids seem to love that. I love this school!!

Cecilia Lucero Solorio Elementary School
15172 Walnut Street, Fontana, CA  92336
Last modified Cecilia Lucero Solorio Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cecilia Lucero Solorio Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top