Fontana, CA

Posted June 04, 2013
This School is GREAT! They work with you 110% to ensure your child's success. The School Principal and Staff are A+... From The Reynolds Family!

Sierra Lakes Elementary School 4

Posted March 25, 2011
My sons have been attending this school and I must say that most of their teachers have been great in teaching them to excel and more. As for the extra activities listed - this is news to me. Some teachers need to be taught not to use bad language in class.

Posted January 31, 2011
Awesome Teachers, love this school... Our son actually enjoys going to school and is always excited to go...

Sierra Lakes Elementary School 4

Posted October 06, 2010
This is our sixth year at Sierra Lakes Elementary. I am the most pleased with the presence of our new principal this year. She is involved everywhere and easily seen every day on campus, whether it be engaging in conversation with the fifth graders or opening a snack bag for a kindergartener at lunchtime. The PTA is all a buzz and more parents are involved this year than any other year, probably due to the PTa president always asking parents to get involved, in any way possible. She has increased membership by 75% this year. There is alot to be said about the great group of parents that are involved at this school.

Sierra Lakes Elementary School 0

Posted September 21, 2010
The school has great teachers and it is a very safe school.

Posted August 27, 2010
Love this school now even more now that we have a new principal that really seems to care and is actively involved in all aspects of the school. Volunteer your time and really get involved as much as you can. That makes all the difference in the world!

Posted August 20, 2010
I love Sierra Lakes Elementary. Tons of great teachers, tons of great, involved parents, great kids and families and my kids are safe and happy here. You get what you put in and I try to volunteer my time and I get along with my kids' teachers.

Posted August 18, 2010
My children have attended Sierra Lakes for four years now and we are very happy with the teachers and principal. I can only speak for the past years, since we just received a new principal but they have been phenomenal. The kids are learning so much, and our test scores show that their hard work is paying off. SL is one of the best school's in the district, so there's not much to complain about. We have been to several other schools, and SL is the best as far as diversity and the sense of community. I have never heard of any of the negative issues that people have posted on this website, except for overcrowding which is a result of budget cuts, but that's an issue with the state not our school. I would recommend this school to anyone who is interested in moving to Fontana.

Sierra Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted June 19, 2010
The principal is one of the worst leaders I have seen in any business or schools. She seems much more interested in crowd control (as the school is overcrowded) than in helping students reach their potential. There is no concern for individual students - just overall school CST scores.

Posted April 12, 2010
This school has been an excellent learning experince for my three childern. I love everything about it. Teachers are very dedicated and hard working and they are completely supportive of all the students. Every year after years refleeting in increased API scores. My child really enjoyed time at Sierra lakes. Again, I was very impressed with the amount of progress she made ( 4grade teacher) Mrs, Karin Devok wonderful teacher. thank you and Kindergarden teacher also^^ Good luck to you.

Sierra Lakes Elementary School
5740 Avenal Place, Fontana, CA  92336
Last modified Sierra Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sierra Lakes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top