Fontana, CA

Posted April 22, 2014
My school is ready for the Common Core standards. We have been trained and had an opportunity to plan Common Core lessons with our grade level teams. This upcoming year is going to be a challenge, but one that our staff is ready to tackle.

Posted July 15, 2013
This school is a great place i went here since the first day it opened up.They did a lot of changes to the school using buildings instead of portables.The teachers are great and want students to succeed.May I add that there play area for kids is great.

Ted Porter Elementary School 4

Posted June 06, 2013
My school is very proactive. We want all students to succeed. We have a grade level RTI to increase low achieving student scores. We have a excellent Read 180 program for students in the fourth and fifth grades.

Posted June 14, 2011
I have four girls at Porter, and this is a amazing school, The staff and the teachers are always willing to help and with all of the budget cuts that are happening the put the childs education first priority. I am very happy with this school.

Ted Porter Elementary School 1

Posted July 31, 2009

Ted Porter Elementary School 3

Posted September 22, 2008
The principal, Mr. Francois, is a great addition. However, it bothers me that there are only programs to help kids who are near proficient, and little help for those who are below average. What happened to 'No Child Left Behind' ?

Posted August 20, 2008
I am constantly surprised by the dedication of our staff to work longer hours, care for their students, and take on extra training and duties such as tutoring, intersession, and support positions to make this school better.

Ted Porter Elementary School 2

Posted August 15, 2007
There should be more cross guards out to protect our children. Also, the parking situation has gotten out of control. People double park, only creating more traffic. What is the principal doing about this? I have seen her walk by cars parked in the blue crosswalks. Some teachers are awesome and some are not, as is in all schools. The principal leadership is lacking!

Ted Porter Elementary School 0

Posted July 26, 2007
I have one son left who goes to Porter and I never had a problem with any of the teacher. The staff is great and my son s scores and performance levels are proficient.

Ted Porter Elementary School 2

Posted June 25, 2007
I think there may be some true to the comment 'unhappy parent' made regarding teachers and the principal. There are some teachers who give a very negative vibe, a very uncomfortable feeling. My child had a good teacher but the teachers a this school seem to lack enthusiam. There were quite a few times when I took lunch to my child. The extracirricular activities are a bit lacking. Charter schools are a better option, in my opinion. I am positive there will eventually be one closer to Fontana.

Ted Porter Elementary School
8330 Locust Avenue, Fontana, CA  92335
Last modified Ted Porter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ted Porter Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top