Bad
Good

My school is ready for the Common Core standards. We have been trained and had an opportunity to plan Common Core lessons with our grade level teams. This upcoming year is going to be a challenge, but one that our staff is ready to tackle.

Porter Elementary is led by a terrific principal, David Moore, who belieives in children first. He practices a shared decision making model with his teachers which has enabled the entire staff to become a focused, cohesive unit. They are invested in the children and are eager, willing and able to adjust process and curriculum to meet the needs of the students they wish to teach. Literacy is key here. To insure that students will be receiving core curriculum appropriately planned lessons, each grade level has worked directly with Mr. Moore to develop and refine language arts and mathematics lessons. This staff of teachers will do their utmost to be sure that students will not be left behind academically, socially or emotionally. Team approaches to the SIT process in terms of academics, behavior, or attendance is the pathway followed. There is no blame game occuring at this site. The question asked is always what can WE do to improve. Having said positive things it is important to realize that funding can help us provide implementation of programs that just simply can't be purchased based on current funding availability. If we win this award, Porter will spend it wisely!

This school is a great place i went here since the first day it opened up.They did a lot of changes to the school using buildings instead of portables.The teachers are great and want students to succeed.May I add that there play area for kids is great.

My school is very proactive. We want all students to succeed. We have a grade level RTI to increase low achieving student scores. We have a excellent Read 180 program for students in the fourth and fifth grades.

I have four girls at Porter, and this is a amazing school, The staff and the teachers are always willing to help and with all of the budget cuts that are happening the put the childs education first priority. I am very happy with this school.

The principal, Mr. Francois, is a great addition. However, it bothers me that there are only programs to help kids who are near proficient, and little help for those who are below average. What happened to 'No Child Left Behind' ?

I am constantly surprised by the dedication of our staff to work longer hours, care for their students, and take on extra training and duties such as tutoring, intersession, and support positions to make this school better.

There should be more cross guards out to protect our children. Also, the parking situation has gotten out of control. People double park, only creating more traffic. What is the principal doing about this? I have seen her walk by cars parked in the blue crosswalks. Some teachers are awesome and some are not, as is in all schools. The principal leadership is lacking!

I have one son left who goes to Porter and I never had a problem with any of the teacher. The staff is great and my son s scores and performance levels are proficient.

I think there may be some true to the comment 'unhappy parent' made regarding teachers and the principal. There are some teachers who give a very negative vibe, a very uncomfortable feeling. My child had a good teacher but the teachers a this school seem to lack enthusiam. There were quite a few times when I took lunch to my child. The extracirricular activities are a bit lacking. Charter schools are a better option, in my opinion. I am positive there will eventually be one closer to Fontana.

Last modified Ted Porter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.