Bad
Good

Our daughter attended for the 14-15 school year in the 5th grade and her grades actually went down. Sycamore implemented Common Core this year and my child was confused to say the least. She didn't get the "Visual" Approach to math. Things are too "abstract" and "vague". My wife has her Masters Degree and I was a Navy Engineer and parts of my daughters math homework (which was minimal, 3 problems ) we could not figure out what they wanted her to do. The concept of "draw the model" ( even if the answer is not right ) is not the way to learn math. My daughters teacher did not seem give positive feedback, it was all negative.

love this school. staff are very helpful. miss sadler is one awesome teacher. i love ms galvez and ms betten too. I believe that they were able to bring out the best in in my daughter.

The teacher's are great and very motivational for the kids. My daughter has been at this school for 2 years and I look foward to her continue success in her education. I am very pleased with parent envolvement at this school. Although in the past couple of years there has been a shortage in funding and cutt in staff , I feel that the envolvement of concerned teachers, staff and parents this school continues to strive for excellence when it comes to good attendance , improving test scores and encouraging extra curricular activities amongst the children. :)

I have two kids in this school since two years ago. The teachers are great. I particularly admire the administrative style of the principle, as safety and discipline are top priorities.

Most of the teachers are great and supportive of the children here. However the communication from the principal is very poor. They seem to have very little in place to help a child who is having learning difficulties and next to no after school clubs or activities for the kids.

My grandson entered Kingergarten this year. As a protective Grandparent it seemed to be hardest on me! The first day my reservations disappeared. The staff was so inviting as was the school itself. His learning has astonished me. I contribute this to his teacher. He is beyond wonderful with his teaching skills. The PTA and administration works hard for the school also. Overall, I am not that worried Grandparent anymore.

I have two children attending this school. Teachers have been first rate, and involved. Staff is friendly and approachable. Everyone works for the well being of the kids. The school is rated #1 in the district for everyday student attendance. Safety is top notch. Couldn't ask for a better school.

The school has great teachers and adminstrators. The parents on PTA have given the school so much to make many events possible.

Principal, Teachers, Parents, are all great. Communication from the staff is wonderful. I am always in loop with all happenings in the school.

Last modified Sycamore Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.