Fontana, CA

Posted August 17, 2015
I'm also a teacher at Kathy Binks Elementary. Everyone and I do mean everyone puts a lot of blood,sweat, and tears into our teaching. I go into my classroom everyday with the mentality of caring and challenging my students to their fullest potential. Our new principal, Mrs. Huizar, brings an energetic and loving personality with her that fits right into the one our staff already had. She is knowledgeable about teaching strategies and the curriculum. But most importantly she has bonded with the students. My experience at Kathy Binks elementary has been a fruitful and long-lasting experience that has helped me mature professionally. Our students come from kind,hardworking families who care about their children. Our students work hard inside the classroom and many parents, not all but many, support us as teachers outside of the classroom.

Posted June 11, 2015
I am a teacher at this school and I can tell you that ALL the teachers work hard for their students on curriculum and promoting kindness between students. I have worked at another school where it was not as friendly and welcoming to students or teachers. All the teachers get along with each other and are supportive of each other AND their students. I never want to leave this school because of all of the support and caring the teachers give for each other and the students. We identify students who need extra help and work to get them as much help as possible. It's a wonderful school.

Kathy Binks Elementary School 1

Posted March 03, 2015
This school had a good Principal Dr. Lightle. But got promoted and now we have a temp principle. Would like to have a permanent principle who can stay longer than a year or two. The school district should improve this situation. Plus the front desk are always with a mad face and not friendly! It doesnt hurt to smile once in a while :)

Posted April 17, 2014
I really believe the rating of this school is too low. I believe it's one of the best schools in the area. My child is a 3rd grader and has been only at this school. Dr. Lightle is a great Principle, I really think he places a high priority on education. All the teachers I've met so far are great. I have an autistic child who has attended 2 other schools and I can't wait until he can transfer to this school. They have 3-5 autistic class and although I haven't met the teacher, I see her all the time and she seems great!

Posted August 04, 2013
I believe the rating for this school is a little outrages, I mean come on a 3! First off, the school has a new principal, Dr. Lightle, who really cares about the children and the children really seem to like him. I have a daughter who has been attending since Kindergarten and is now going to start 3rd grade. What Like about Binks is that they are very informative to the parents and have lots of fun pta events that I really love (keep up the good work PTA). All in all, don't let the rating scare you. I am genuinely happy with the school and so is my daughter.

Posted February 07, 2013
I currently have a Preschooler and a Kindergartener attending Binks Elementary. The Preschool Department is phenomenal!! I highly recommend placing your children in Preschool at this school. They are very helpful and understanding, and truely care about the children. As a parent of 2 children who have been in this program, I know this was the best choice ( for the area). As for Kindergarten. . . some things could be worked on. In my eyes, they give the Kindergarten children too much freedom, which is why my son WILL NOT be in attendance next year, after Preschool graduation.

Posted July 09, 2010
This school is awesome. My children were not only taught well but cared for above and beyond. The school has a wonderful staff that make their students the number one priority. The principal is amazing. The PTA really cares about the kids and the school is the safest around. I highly recommend Kathy Binks!

Posted March 30, 2010
this school is the best i feel when it comes to kids safety teachers and staff are very proctective over students also my kids are doing very well ever since they started going to kathy binks.

Posted August 17, 2009
This school has been very good with my girls. My 6th grader last year loved her teacher. This year I have a 3rd grader and 5th grader, they are both excelling and loving every minute of it!!!

Posted May 22, 2008
The staff at Kathy Binks is highly motivated and have gone beyond the call of duty for these kids. My son attends this school and has become excited about learning again. The staff welcomes and encourages parent invovlement which is truely beneficial for our children.

7358 Cypress Avenue, Fontana, CA  92336
Last modified Kathy Binks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kathy Binks Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top