2,081 students|Fontana Unified

Bad
Good

Posted April 17, 2014
This school is unfair. Don't send your children here because they will regret all four years of their high school experience. I wish I had transferred out freshmen year because this school is ridiculous. They are so unfair taking away hat privileges when a year prior, we earned them. They take away many things that a high school should include for the actually high school experience, such as senior actives. All seniors should be able to participate in them, ALL. The staff are nice, you do come across teachers that are dull and only care for their pay checks. Personally, if you had to choose this school or summit, I'd choose summit. They have way more school spirit and an overall great high school atmosphere.

Jurupa Hills High School 5

Posted April 02, 2014
I used to move around a lot when I was starting out high school. And each school I was at never made me feel comfortable. But when my mom transferred me to Jurupa Hills my sophomore year second semester I knew it would be different. The teachers instantly made me feel like I had a real purpose at making my dreams a reality. I had a 3.0 grade average for the first time. I saw a great change in my work and am happy to say that I am part of the first graduating class of Jurupa. There is no doubt that this school is a great place for your child's education. You won't regret enrolling him/her in this school.

Posted July 10, 2013
This school is a complete joke. They claim to be better than the rest of the schools in the district, but in reality they are perhaps the most disorganized school ever. They keep bringing up the fact that they are a new school and they are still learning, however they keep using this "no excuses" policy on the children, when they should be using it for themselves. The staff members at Jurupa seem to only care about their paychecks and not about the student's education. They promised their students an enrichment program but have failed on all 3 years it was opened. The principle went missing for several months and the students were not informed and when he came back no questions were answered. The kids that attend this school are perhaps the most shameful of all. But it's not all their fault, the school values their sports rather than the education. Star players of the football team receive special treatment from the staff and the teachers. I wouldn't be surprised if they got away with murder in the school. There are still more issues, but the character count limits the rest. Jurupa needs to get their act together and soon before they have a riot on their hands.

Posted July 03, 2013
Really surprised at all the people that gave it a good rating when in reality this school is a joke. Teachers at the end of the day only care about their pay check greaty little people. The IB Bio program has been a complete disaster. The grading scale is setting up students for failure... just wait when they attend college and fail. More students need to fail in order to have a well established society. If you pass all your student especially if all their doing is just showing up and getting an A in the class we are corrupting social system. We need those people to fail or else we wont have people that flip the burgers. Their is so much more I need to address put this will do I will send a strongly worded letter to the school about some more issues.

Jurupa Hills High School 5

Posted January 19, 2013
At first, I was going to Fontana High School and there were alot of physical fights, drug use, and the teachers were not teaching me anything. I felt like I was not going to be able to go to college. The bottom line is that that school sucks. My parents transferred me to Jurupa after hearing how good and safe of a school it was. After transferring, there were so many drastic, positive changes, i currently have straight a's as to before i could barely pass my classes. This school has been a major change for me, and you can see the difference between Fohi & Jurupa Hills. If your child will be attending Fohi, Jurupa is a much better school.

Jurupa Hills High School
10700 Oleander Avenue, Fontana, CA  92337-7435
Last modified Jurupa Hills High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.