Fontana, CA

Canyon Crest Elementary School
Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted May 24, 2015
My daughter attended p-k, the program was OK, but I think the teacher and the assistant from the morning class were very hard with the kids. I don't mean bad. But I felt that they need to be a little more warming with the kids they are just 3-5, they are just starting the long path of school life, and the cold welcoming will afraid some of them.

Posted May 24, 2015
I agree with some of the parents, 2014-2015 was the worst year for my son. I did not like the fact that my son started second grade with a sub, instead of advancing and learning more, he got stock at all. The principal uhuuu sounds very motivated but to me she is not. She listen to your concerns but just that, there is no actions taken. Other problem was the discipline methods they use, in my son classroom other kids always mess with his stuff everyday, and I talked with teacher several times and she kept sitting my son next to problems kids. You will think they would do smething to deal with the problems but in reality they do anything. Rating for second grade teaches -0.

Posted December 14, 2014
My son has attended this school since kindergarten. In first grade he needed to switch teachers due to the teachers "flexible" teaching style. This year in second grade he started a school with a sun, now in December he is on his third teacher. Some of the subs have send work home that said did with teacher and it was I correct. I let the principal know and she just put in a new teacher. I will need to pull my child out of this school so he can get a. Education. I. Addition, my kindergatener was having trouble sitting and being quiet. He was overwhelmed by the number of students. The trachea sute how to deal with him and allowed him to walk around during group and gave him a corner to Hum in. He needed to learn how to behave not allowed to do it. I put hi. I. Private school and he needs occasional redirection but is doing fine. There is not any support at this school if you are unhappy with the education they receive. I am going to have to pull both my kids out so they can get an education. Very disappointed in this school.

Posted January 27, 2014
When we moved, it was already 3 months into the academic year, it was the only available option for us, so I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. My daughter is only in kindergarten but was tested at the beginning of the year of reading at a second grade level, now she struggles with simple sentences. They leave kids because they are doing well.

Posted October 11, 2013
Canyon Crest Elementary is the school my daughter goes to and is in the 4th grade.She has a wonderful teacher Mrs. Chase. My daughter loves this school as well as myself. The school is clean and the staff is very friendly and professional. I'm so glad we get to attend this wonderful school

Posted June 21, 2011
I believe this school is the greatest school in Fontana! I had 3 children attend this school and never had a problem with any of the teachers. The teachers here motivate and challenge students. I have been very fortunate to have great teachers such as Ms. Sevilla, Mr. Blevins, Mr. Mason, and Ms. Ortiz. All my children are high achievers and as a parent I expect my children to acheive in all areas and life.

Posted May 12, 2008
I was very surprised to see that the score for this school was so low. They won the California distinguished school award in either 2006 or 2007. My kids have done exceptionally well at this school. They were teaching beginning reading of sight words in Preschool, and my children were reading quite well in Kindergarten. They have an excellent staff whose main concern is the advancement of the children, and involving the parents.

Canyon Crest Elementary School 3

Posted October 29, 2007
I think this school has teachers that are dedicated to helping students succeed and they love teaching. When I looked in the test score category I saw that the scores improved above what was expected. The students with disabilities subgroup did not show as much growth, but I'm confident that these dedicated teachers will continue helping all students succeed. Watch out, the new principal and the PTA want to hear from you. They love the school and the children and they want to make Canyon Crest the very best. I must admit that I would like to see more extra-curricular activities.

Posted October 26, 2007
i think this school is very strict and they have old lunches

Canyon Crest Elementary School 3

Posted October 21, 2007
My child has attended this school since Kindergarten, and is now in the 2nd grade. Ms. LeBlanc was an excellent and very patient K teacher. My child's reading really improved in Ms. LeBlanc's class. Ms. Console was great for 1st grade, as she encourages children in their area of interest. Mrs. Rabone is the 2nd grade teacher. She is tough! But my child is excelling in Mrs. Rabone's class as well. Just be prepared to deal with a lot of structure. The new principal, Dr. Ruoff, appears to really be interested in having a relationship with the parents. This is great as I had a small issue and she handled it well and quickly. I am not happy that the API scores are so low, and can't quite understand where the deficit is.

Canyon Crest Elementary School
11851 Cherry Avenue, Fontana, CA  92337
Last modified Canyon Crest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canyon Crest Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top